The circular economy represents an alternative, more sustainable model to the traditional linear economy, which will further enhance industry competitiveness and resource efficiency. The unique characteristics of plastics enable them to play a major role on the road to a more sustainable and resource efficient future.
Lightweight, versatile and durable plastics can help save key resources such as energy and water in strategic sectors that include packaging, building and construction, automotive and renewable energy, to name but a few. In addition, plastics applications in packaging can help reduce food waste.
However, to improve the circularity of plastics, it is essential to make sure that more and more plastic waste is recovered and doesn’t end up in landfill or in the environment. The challenge of curbing plastic waste dates to the dawn of the modern environmental movement.
More recently, concerns over plastic litter, particularly in marine environments, has reached feverish pitch among consumers, governments and companies themselves. Addressing the waste challenge requires engaging the entire plastics value chain, from polymer manufacturers to brands to waste haulers, in order to create truly systemic solutions.
According to the reliable industry market research data, only 14 per cent of plastics are recycled, resulting in a loss of as much as $120 billion a year to the global economy.
In recent months, some of the world biggest brands and plastics manufacturers have issued bold challenges to create new supply chains from plastic waste. It’s a critical start, but success will require broad, global engagement among companies, governments, policy makers and others to create a truly circular plastics economy.
It’s against the above-mentioned industry background that we are launching out the upcoming China & Asia Circular Plastics Summit 2020, which will gather a good amount of industry professionals and decision makers coming from all across the plastics value chain, including brand owners or end users, discussing circular plastics development from perspectives of chemical/petrochemical, machinery, supply chain, technology innovation, R&D; and recycling, etc., aiming to keep plastics in the economy, out of the environment.
- Chinese Recycled Plastics Market Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024
- SEA & Global Plastics and Packaging Trends: Reuse, Recycling, Sustainability, and Circular Economy
- Integrating Green Chemistry into a Closedloop Plastics Supply Chain
- Recycling flexible packaging in the Circular Economy: Insights and learnings from CEFLEX
- Improvements in plastic packaging design and Innovation help reduce cost of recycling
- Building a circular value chain for chemical recycling of plastics
- How Advanced Injection Solutions Boost Circular Plastics Industry Development?
- Driving Circular Economy Solutions in Healthcare Plastics
- Transforming the New Plastics Economy — How the future sustainable plastics will evolve from converters’ perspective
- Eco friendly and Bio-Based Materials
- Collection and Recycling - Key to Driving Circular Plastics Economy
- Explore credible ways companies can engage and move toward a circular plastic economy
- Future market potential for recycled materials and plastics
- Circular economy along the plastics supply chain: innovative extrusion and injection moulding applications for compounding and recycling
- Latest Innovative PET rigid packaging eco solutions from recycled and biodegradable materials
- Innovative solutions to expand and modernize plastics sorting and recycling capacity
- On the way to a Circular Economy: Plastics material flow and recovery of post-consumer plastic waste in China & Asia
- Eco-design of plastics packaging: minimizing the environmental impact and dealing with conflicting objectives
- Evolutionary pathway of Circular Economy and case studies of high-value added recycled plastics
- How Innovative Extrusion Technology Will Contribute to the Circular Economy of Plastics
- Multilayer flexible packaging solutions for a circular economy
- Bioplastics and the Circular Economy — Benefits, feedstock types, sustainable sourcing, land use
- How the future equipment and technology innovation will meet the demanding requirements for plastics reuse, recycling and circular economy development?