Eco-Business respects your privacy and safeguarding your privacy is very important to us. Below is an outline of the information that Eco-Business.com gathers and how it’s used.
Types of information we collect
A. Personal Information
For subscribers, clients and other users of our site, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Email Address
- Full Name
- Job Title
- Country of residence
- Telephone Number
- Topics of Interest
B. Log Files
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include your IP (internet protocol) address, the browser you used to visit our site (such as Chrome or Firefox), the time you visited our site and which pages you visited throughout our site.
We do NOT sell the information collected by cookies, nor do we disclose the information to third parties, except where required by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
D. Cookies and Third Party Services
We use a third party service for web analytics. Currently Eco-Business uses Google Analytics to measure visitor statistics. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate use of our website and compile a report for us. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We use Google Doubleclick for Small Publishers to serve advertisements via our website. Google DoubleClick places a cookie on your computer when you are browsing. This cookie may be used to serve ads specific to you and your interests, based on your previous browsing history or geo-location. It does NOT track personal information about you, such as your name, email address, physical address, telephone number, social security numbers, bank account numbers or credit card numbers. You can opt-out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting
E. Cookies and Embedded Content
To support our website, we sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Flickr. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Eco-Business does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party's website for more information.
F. Cookies and Sharing Tools
You will see embedded ‘share’ buttons on Eco-Business web pages; these enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Again, Eco-Business does not control the dissemination of these cookies.
How do we collect this information?
We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use the Eco-Business site, even if you have not created an Eco-Business account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Eco-Business site, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information and cookie data.
Any personal information we collect from you are solely from the various sign-up options on our site for the different services we provide.
How do we process this information?
In accordance with data protection laws, we collect and use your personal data only when we have one or more proper reasons to do so, listed here below:
- Setting up your Eco-Business account.
- Processing your orders (including The EB Circle and Client Services).
- Notifying you of your order status.
- Notifying you of your EB Circle subscription status.
- Process efficiency in dealing with such activity, and to make improvements to our services.
- Manage your account/provide customer services to you.
- Keeping our records up to date, handling our customer contact efficiently and effectively, working out which of our products and services may interest you and telling you about them.
- Undertaking website personalisation and administration.
- Developing products, services, applications and designs that attract and retain customers.
- Improving customer interaction with our site.
- Marketing communications to inform you of events, special offers, promotions, new lines and Sales.
- Notifying you about enhancements to our services, such as changes to the website and new services that may be of interest to you.
- Maintaining network and data security.
Who do we share this information with?
Eco-Business will only supply your information to another organisation or individual where the sharing of this information is required in order to provide the product or service that you have requested, or as mentioned above, when there is a relevant statutory or other legal requirement for us to share this information.
How can you exercise your rights over your information?