Eco-Business is looking for a passionate and motivated individual with good writing skills and experience working in the marketing industry and/or in journalism to join our growing, dynamic team as Copywriter, Marketing & EB Studio.
This role requires a strong grasp of content marketing for news and media and the ability to create clear and effective copy for content across platforms, including the Eco-Business news website, social media platforms and for our email marketing campaigns. You will work closely with the Marketing team and EBStudio, Eco-Business’ content studio, to convey the company’s brand messages and promote our news content through your writing.
You must have an excellent work ethic, an interest in sustainable development topics, be a team player and be able to meet strict deadlines.
This is a full-time position open to candidates based in Malaysia or the Philippines.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating copy for marketing materials, including social media posts, email campaigns, marketing copies for events and programmes, press releases, as well as sponsored news writing for EBStudio. This should be based on an understanding of the value, target audience and communication platforms of the business.
- Basic editing and proofreading of marketing copy
- Collaborating with Editorial, EBStudio, ESG Intelligence, as well as Partnerships and Events teams, to create coherent news and marketing content
- Measuring and reporting on the success of marketing content, using metrics such as website traffic, email opens and conversions
- Staying up to date on industry trends and best practices, including through attending industry events and conferences
- Provide support to team members on copywriting best practices and tools
- 2-3 years of experience and proven track record in marketing copywriting, journalism or a related field
- Strong writing and editing skills, with a portfolio of writing samples
- Familiarity with social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Meta, X (Formerly Twitter), etc as well as marketing communication platforms such as EDMs, event communications etc, and how to optimise your copy natively for these platforms
- Having proven track record and samples of work demonstrating creativity and innovation in running content campaigns is a plus
- Familiarity with basic data analysis and reporting tools, such as Google Analytics
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively across teams
- Knowledge of the company’s target audience and goals
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Time management and organisational skills, and the ability to multitask
- A team player who has the desire to learn and grow in the marketing copywriting field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Fluency in a second language is a plus
Only those with the required experience will be shortlisted for interviews. All shortlisted candidates will be required to take a writing and/or video test.
To apply, please send an email with the role as the subject line, cover letter, CV, and links to samples of your work to Natasha van Cuylenburg (firstname.lastname@example.org), Choo Wee Ang (email@example.com) and Ng Wai Mun (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your application!