This forum will bring together each of the key themes and stakeholders from our previous events on deforestation, smallholder farmer resilience and sustainable agriculture. The Sustainable Landscapes Conference will tackle the biggest issues faced by business in managing risk, improving relationships and driving resilience in agricultural supply chains.
You can view the range of issues covered in the full agenda here.
Some highlights include:
- Landscape approach: Key stakeholder groups will come together to discuss how the landscape approach will evolve over the next 5 years
- How is the agriculture market dynamic changing? How are changes in market structure, sourcing trends and power likely to impact agricultural supply chains
- Landscape and land restoration: The possibilities for reforestation, land rehabilitation and what it means for climate change, offsets and re-invigorating nature
- Financial and legal risk in illegal commodities: Why big banks should engage beyond simple policies in hot button issues and a look at what good engagement in financing sustainable commodities look like in practice
- 2020 deforestation targets: Why companies are not reaching their 2020 targets and how to correctly implement deforestation policies
- Smallholder farming: How business can empower farmers and build resilience across smallholder supply chains
- The future of certification: Is certification still credible without key stakeholders at the table?
- Blockchain, satellite imaging and precision agriculture: What are the latest innovations in technology and how can these be leveraged effectively?
Already confirmed to speak include senior representatives from Olam International, Nestlé , Sime Darby, Cargill, IKEA, Barry Callebaut, Nordzucker, Reckitt Benckiser, Co-op, Greenpeace, Consumer Goods Forum, Global Agri-business Alliance, PEFC, Interholco, Rainforest Alliance, William Jackson Food Group, Phoenix Group and many more to be announced.
See here for the full list of confirmed speakers to date.
Please do get in touch if you are interested in being involved as a delegate, sponsor or for information on group discounts for your team: firstname.lastname@example.org