Prof Sami Kara
Sustainable Manufacturing and Life Cycle Management Expert, Director of Postgraduate Research, Faculty of Engineering, University of New South Wales
This course provides an overview to the emerging field of Life Cycle Engineering (LCE), which assesses the environmental and economic considerations of a product from its production through its use and end-of-life options. Participants will learn about the concept of LCE and its market drivers.
The course explores the key aspects of LCE including Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), Life Cycle Costing (LCC), technical challenges and opportunities for incorporating this strategy within engineering design, and the future trends for LCE in forming sustainable development and a short introduction to the ISO 14000 Suite.
COURSE PROGRAMME *
- 08:30 am Registration & Breakfast
- 09:00 am Module 1 - Life Cycle Engineering & Eco-Efficiency
- 10:30 am Break & Refreshments
- 11:00 am Module 2 - Eco-Design for a Product Life Cycle
- 12:30 pm Lunch & Networking
- 02:00 pm Module 3 - End-of-Life Management
- 03:30 pm Break & Refreshments
- 04:00 pm Module 4 - LCE and ISO14000
- 05:30 pm End of Master Class
* Programme subjected to changes without further notices.
- Seminar Room 3, Level 7, Kinesis Bldg (4, Fusionopolis Way. S138635. Next to One North Circle Line station)
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.