Are you a stakeholder contributing to Sustainable Forest Management in SEA?
PEFC is bringing two case studies to get regional actors collaborating. In a call for action we will discuss new and emerging technologies to be utilised in sustainable forest management and responsible trade.
This session builds on PEFC’s 2017 Stakeholder Dialogue: Making Certification SMART with partners- aimed at re-imagining how forest certification should re-equip for the next decade.
The following organisations will be highlight their commitment to Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) & Responsible Trade:
- The Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification: with more than 300 million hectares and 18,000 companies, PEFC will share how it is developing systems in the region, especially for smallholders
- Trimble Forestry: Leading technology provider for integrated forestry solutions will be discussing the importance of forestry technology in South East Asia as well as provide live demos of their products
- Double Helix: Innovation & technology in verification systems; scientific testing- DNA & Isotope analysis & document verification system at a consignment level
- Rumble Tools: Leveraging on the use of drones for assessment, monitoring & fighting fires
There will be two sessions taking us from “Global to Molecule”:
- Session 1- 10:00 AM: IT at the Landscape scale using the case study of Working in partnerships to bring sustainable management to Myanmar’s forests - Monitoring forests with databases and satellite technology to make systems work at the global, national and estate level
- Session 2 – 2:00 PM: IT at a smallholder scale enabling Smallholders into responsible supply chains with partners such as the Luang Prabang Teak Program - Group Certification & Tracking wood with chain of custody management systems, consignment tracking and DNA fingerprinting
Each session will have a panel discussion engaging in dialogue for further collaboration and build new partnerships. This workshop is a great opportunity for networking and sharing commitments by regional stakeholders.
Welcome & Networking over Coffee Starts at 9:00 AM
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.