The East Asian Seas Congress is the premiere event bringing together leaders from government, international organizations, research institutions and business to network, learn and develop new opportunities for partnership, governance, management and investment in the Seas of East Asia.
Join hundreds of coastal and marine leaders, technical experts, managers and advocates from November 16 to 21, 2015 at the Furama Resort in beautiful Danang, Vietnam as we set the post-2015 Sustainable Development Agenda for the East Asian Seas.
This year’s Congress features the launch of the new Sustainable Development Strategy for the Seas of East Asia (SDS-SEA), along with:
- Innovative new tools and knowledge products for coastal management
- Plotting a strategic action plan for local governments from 2016 to 2021
- Private sector workshops on blue economy and coastal investment
- Bringing together youth leaders from around the region to explore the youth role in supporting sustainable development of coasts and oceans
- Sessions covering climate change, coastal and ocean governance, integrated coastal management best practices, ecosystem services valuation, public-private partnership and much more.
- Nguyễn Tấn Dũng, Prime Minister, Vietnam
- Charles Goddard, Editorial Director, The Economist on engaging the business sector in building a blue economy
- Terence Jones, UN Resident Coordinator and UNDP Resident Representative
- Andy Hudson, Head, Water and Ocean Governance Programme, UNDP New York on redefining coastal and ocean governance
- Dr. Zhang Zhanhai, Director General, Department of Strategic Planning and Economy, State Oceanic Administration, PR China on aligning the global agenda with local benefits
Visit the EAS Congress 2015 web site for complete details and registration information.
EAS Congress Secretariat