A 1.5-day workshop, conducted by Professor Dennis Driscoll, world-renowned expert & Europe’s leading authority on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Date: 18th & 19th July 2013 (Thursday and Friday)
Time: Day #1: 9am - 5pm
Day #2: 9am - 1pm
Venue: Villa Halia, 1 Cluny Rd, Singapore 259569
Our Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development workshop will cover a broad range of distinct issue areas, ranging from labour issues to human rights to environmental concerns, and from corporate philanthropy to corporate governance to ethical business practices.
Topics include defining the pillars of CSR:
- Labour Issues
- Human Rights Issues
- Environmental Concerns
- Corporate Philanthropy
- Corporate Governance
- Ethical Business Practices such as Anti-Corruption, Product Safety and Responsible Advertising
Within this workshop, Prof. Driscoll will also be examining the impact of CSR on businesses in Asia by dissecting:
- The Business Case for CSR
- Investor Interests
- Changes in Business Thinking
- Changes in Consumer Thinking
- Business Benefits
- The Growing Influence of ‘Stakeholders’
- *Strategies for Integrating CSR within Business Operations
*The highlight in this workshop comes at the end when after dissecting all the elements of CSR and examining its business impact, he reveals the Strategies for Integrating CSR within Business Operations in Asia.
Learn from the Best:
The trainer, Professor Dennis Driscoll, who is also an International Lawyer, is a pioneer in teaching Corporate Governance and CSR. To date, he has trained over 500 companies worldwide, and has given over 300 lectures on international law, international human rights, environmental concerns, and CSR in some 15 countries in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Africa. He is also the author of the forthcoming study Comparative Corporate Governance.
Who should attend this course?
- Executive Management
- Marketing & Corporate Communications Specialists
- Industry Specialists
- Supply Chain Managers
- Purchasing Managers
- Government Organisations
- Human Resource Managers
- Company Lawyers
How We Conduct our Workshops:
- Illuminating Introductions
- Engaging Dialogues
- Thought Provoking Debriefs
- Open Questions & Answer Sessions
- Reflection Time-Outs
- Relevant and Up-To-Date Case Studies
Our Programme Benefits:
- Understand the rapidly growing importance of CSR in Asia, compared with current developments worldwide, and its positive impact on businesses.
- Find out why and how corporate governance can make the difference between ‘sink or swim’, especially in risk management, and how you can lead your organisation above the rest with sound corporate practices.
- Learn how to apply it to attract investor interest and trust in the consumer.
- Affinitas’ workshops will be the only two official workshops conducted by Professor Dennis Driscoll in Singapore this year. Find out all about CSR and Corporate Governance from the pioneer and Europe’s leading authority on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Exclusive Power Networking Conference
This year, we will be offering an additional complimentary Power Networking Conference for workshops participants. You will have the chance to exchange ideas, develop new contacts, and participate in informed, impartial and leading edge discussions in the form of a keynote address and panel discussions with our sponsors, supporters and the media.
Theme: CSR in Asia Today
Dates: 17th July 2013 (Wednesday), 3pm-7pm
Venue: Villa Halia, 1 Cluny Rd, Singapore 259569
*Venue & Dates subject to change
This session is by invitation only and with limited seats. As a workshop delegate your seat is guaranteed!
Due to the variation in delegate numbers, we will send confirmation and full programme details of the Power Networking Conference to you approximately 2 weeks before the start of the workshops.
Where can I obtain the full programme agenda?
Alternatively, you can email our Programme Director Ms. Alia Sahari, to request for the full workshop agenda: email@example.com.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
By Car / By Taxi:
As the Singapore Botanic Gardens has several entrances, we advise participants to enter via Tyersall Avenue (same access to the National Orchid Garden and Burkill Gate).
Public coupon parking is available on the road just at the entrance to the Ginger Garden. Alternatively, coach lots on the road are available for free parking of cars from 6 pm onwards.
From the Ginger Garden gate, Villa Halia is a pleasant 1-minute stroll past a man-made waterfall and lush greenery. Villa Halia is located just at the edge of the Ginger Garden, beside the National Orchid Garden.
Alternative parking is available at the Cluny Gate and Tanglin Gate entrances. From there, it is an equally enjoyable walk of 10 to 15 minutes to Halia Restaurant.
Disembark at the bus stop nearest to Tyersall Avenue.
SBS Transit 7, 105, 123, 174, 502
SMRT 75, 77, 106
By Mass Rapid Transit (MRT, Circle Line):
Alight at Eco Garden (North end of the Gardens) via the Botanic Gardens Station.
This new station along the Circle Line brings you closer to the junction of Bukit Timah and Cluny Park Road and it is a 10 to 15 minutes to Villa Halia.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
For more information, please contact:
Ms. Michelle Chua (Events Team)
Tel: (65) 6225 4461
Ms. Alia Sahari (Programme Director)
Tel: (65) 6733 3178
What is the refund policy?
No refund will be made for any cancellations but replacements are welcome.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes. Kindly notify us 3 days in advance for any change on the delegate’s name.
Event Registration Policy:
1. All fees are inclusive of 7% Goods and Service Tax.
2. Workshop fees include training facilities, documentations, lunches and refreshments for the duration of the programme.
3. Overseas delegates are responsible for arranging their own accommodation; however, a list of convenient hotels (some at specially negotiated rates) is available upon registration.
4. Payment can be made by cheque, credit cards or via PayPal.
5. Please do not send cash by mail.
6. For cheque payments, all cheques should be made payable to “Affinitas Pte Ltd”, crossed and marked “A/C payee only” and kindly send it to our events team:
Positive Promotions & Events Pte Ltd
69B Pagoda Street
Attn: Accounts Department
Please indicate your name(s), contact no., and workshop title behind the cheque. A receipt will be issued upon full payment.
7. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
8. Confirmation email will be sent out within 7 days prior to event date.
9. No refund will be made for any cancellations but replacements are welcome.
10. Affinitas Pte Ltd reserves the right to amend any of the event details as deem necessary by the committee.
11. Affinitas Pte Ltd reserves the right to change the event venue or to cancel/postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances.
Alia Sahari (Programme Director)