About the Workshop:
This workshop is designed to offer insights into pumps system fundamentals, recognise the systems approach, as well as learn about pre-screening pumps, data collection, field measurement requirements and the development of system curve. The course will cover concepts including VFD applications, review the ASME pumps system energy assessment standards, analysis techniques and examples, as well as discuss about project development and the establishment of an ongoing pump efficiency programme. Participants will learn how to use the Pump Systems Assessment Software Tool (PSAT) to facilitate their energy improvement projects. Examples will be provided to demonstrate potential savings using the systems approach.
• Understand the performance characteristics of pumping systems
• Gain an enhanced understanding of a systems versus component approach to optimise the energy efficiency of pumping systems
• Identify performance problems and systems that are most likely to yield energy efficiency savings
• Develop an action plan to achieve energy efficiency improvements
• Integrate continuous energy improvement into the management of pumping systems
Engineers, Energy Managers and Facility Managers in:
- Companies under the Process, Electronics, Pharmaceuticals, Engineering and Food Manufacturing sectors
- Air-Conditioning Supply and Transport Engineering (Marine and Offshore) subsectors
The programme is pending accreditation by the Professional Engineers Board’s
Continuing Professional Development Programme for Engineers in Singapore and
Singapore Certified Energy Manager Registry’s Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Programme.
Participants are to bring their own notebooks to facilitate workshop learning. They will be introduced to the use of the PSAT software.
ABOUT THE SPEAKER:
Dr Gunnar Hovstadius
US DOE’s qualified instructor,
UNIDO’s International Pump Expert & EE Consultant
8 to 9 October 2015
9.00am – 5.00pm
SEI Training Room, 1 Kay Siang Road #09-01, Singapore 248922
EENP members: $570
Non-EENP members: $1,670
Please register using this link: https://esvcweb.nea.gov.sg/eteams/sei/CalendarSearch.aspx
Please contact SEI at 1800-2255 632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.