The GRI standards: Principles and application
CPD Standards Office Certified
Date: 15/02/2021 - 16/02/2021
Date: 04/10/2021 - 05/10/2021
2 days live online or 1 day face to face
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the most widely used sustainability reporting standard. This training course will prepare participants to manage their sustainability reporting process using the GRI Standards and will introduce them to all the key elements of a solid sustainability report.
First-time reporters seeking to implement the GRI Standards and experienced reporters integratingg GRI Standards with other international standards, will learn how to effectively utilise the Standards and develop sustainability Reports that are technically sound, meaningful, engaging, and create value for the company and the stakeholders alike.
This training is delivered in a highly interactive manner and includes presentations, small group discussions, practicing on examples of various reports, and using disclosures to familiarise with the GRI Standards.
Aim and objectives
The aim of this training is to support participants to:
- Develop a process for reporting
- Gain an understanding of the structure and requirements of the new GRI Standards
- Develop an insight into how the organisation can disclosure its approach on material topics
- Understand the requirements to disclosure economic, environmental, and social impacts
- Practice on examples from various organisations on the disclosure of sustainability information
- Develop the skills required to develop meaningful reports based on the GRI Standards
- Learn how to combine GRI Standards with other frameworks (SDGs, CPD, IR etc)
Take outs of the course include
- Manage the reporting process internally
- Identify and prioritise your stakeholders
- Identify material topics and their boundaries (internal and/or external to your organisation)
- Select and prepare the information to be disclosed in the final report
- Communicate your sustainability report
Key topics include
- Sustainability reporting essentials
- Structure of the GRI Standards
- The process of reporting – steps for GRI Standards reporting
- International frameworks and standards
- Communicating results
Global CPD recognition
The CPD Standards Office raises training standards by accrediting high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) provision.
Following your successful participation, you will receive your “The GRI Standards: Principles and Application” Certificate from the CPD Standards Office, verifying 7 CPD hours, confirming your achievement.
Have said about our training courses
“What did you like most about this training?
•Questions were answered”
R.H., Head of CSR, BLF
“Thank you! It was very helpful and useful.
I personally learned a lot.”
T.H., Project Coordination for the SDGs Council, UN Global Compact Network Lebanon
We firmly believe that a friendly, supportive, and engaging learning environment is key to building long-lasting knowledge and maximising retention. To support this belief, we built all our courses around a dynamic mixture of lectures, practical exercises, best practice case studies and group discussions.
Our method builds not only knowledge, but a confidence in discussing and applying Sustainability, ESG and Corporate Responsibility concepts and the platform for exchanging ideas and building valuable connections.
Download brochure (PDF)