The “Sustainable Agriculture, Agribusiness and Value Chain Management in Thailand” is a one-week long professional development programme, which has been designed to address the key issues dealing by the agriculturists and development professionals in other countries often with similar or different agro-ecological zones.
At the end of this program participants are expected to be widen their views and understandings on modern and sustainable farming practices in different agro-ecological zones including low land or wetland ecosystems.
The overall content of this programme will cover the following aspects/topics of shrimp farming:
- Panel Discussion on Modern & Sustainable Agriculture, Livestock and Aquaculture/Fisheries Practices in Thailand.
- Panel Discussion on Agro-Processing, Value Chain Management and Agricultural Marketing in Thailand.
- Visit to the Model Farm under the Department of Agricultural Extension (DOAE), Thailand.
- Visit to Fish Farm and Hatchery under Department of Fisheries as well as the Poultry and Cattle Farm under Royal Development Project in Thailand.
- Visit to the Department of Agricultural Machineries and Equipment, Kasetsart University, Thailand.
- Visit to Agro-food Processing, Packaging and Marketing for Value Addition (CDD under OTOP Project).
The delivery of the programme will be participant centered combining plenary discussion sessions followed by different organizational and project/site visits, and a wrap-up plus group/individual action plan preparation session at the end.
The panel discussion sessions will be comprised of class lectures, case studies and group discussions. Field visits will be a major part of this programme, which will deepen the learning experiences and will provide a ‘live’ experience for the participants on how the farming practices are being pursued in Thailand and what are the roles of various government departments, farmers and research organisations. The actual duration of the complete training course is 6 Days.