Time: 9am - 5pm Venue: 180 Kitchener Road, #06-10 City Square Mall Singapore 208539; Singapore Sustainability Academy
Contact: +65 - 6338 8578
Solar Fundamentals is a 1 day workshop to understanding the basics of a solar system. Through this session learners shall be exposed to the different components that make up a working solar system covering solar cells, arrays and solar inverters.
We will discuss the economics of a solar system, comparing different ownership models while keeping an eye on the reliability and challenges to maintaining a solar system.
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of the basics of a solar system
- Appreciate the different working components of a solar system
- Make better decisions when choosing a solar system
- Better estimate the requirements of owning or leasing a solar system
- Licensed Electric Workers
- Certified Energy Managers
- Facility Managers
- Business owners and directors
- Anyone who is keen to enter the renewable energy industry
SEAS Member: S$290.00/pax, inclusive of GST
Non-SEAS Member: S$350.00/pax, incluive of GST
Dr. Stephen Tay heads the Urban Solar Group and National Solarisation Centre at the Solar Energy Research Institute of Singapore (SERIS).
He is actively engaged with the solarisation of Singapore by working closely with government agencies and industry players in their adoption of solar energy. In addition, he is also heavily involved with the SolarNova programme, which is a government solar leasing tender that aggregates demand across several buildings. He obtained his PhD from the Department of Materials in Imperial College London.
Tom Chua/Agnes Seah
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.