Two courses combine to create our flagship 5-day Finance School for renewable power projects, from market-level economic influences to project-level financial analysis and modelling.
Module 1: Renewable Power Markets and Economics: 7-8 July 2014
Module 2: Financial Analysis, Structuring & Modelling for Renewable Power Projects: 9-11 July 2014
Key learning objectives
- Understand the economic and energy market environment within which renewable power projects operate, before moving on to quantify project-level financial analysis and returns.
- Compare and contrast the features of the different types of renewable power (including wind, solar, biomass and geothermal): ideal for those requiring an integrated, cross-sector view.
Module 1: Renewable Power Markets and Economics
- Analyse the key market environment aspects which impact renewable power projects, including power pricing, policy regime and competing power sources.
- Identify and assess the various types of risk to renewable power projects, including how and why these vary between different types.
- Learn how to assess and quantify market attractiveness and market risk.
Module 2: Financial Analysis, Structuring & Modelling for Renewable Power Projects
- Evaluate how best to structure the financing of a renewable project right from the beginning.
- Learn to speak the same language as everybody else around the finance table.
- Understand the different return requirements and objectives of the various project sponsors and investment sources.
- Understand and analyse the financial impacts and risks of the various project drivers: the business plan and its variables.
- Learn what is needed to achieve financial close, bankability and commitment from involved parties.
The demand for global investments into renewable energies is likely to exceed US$300 billion annually for the coming decade. These investment efforts cannot be met by in-sector companies only, but will need to draw on new capital sources so far untapped. At the same time a tighter financial market environment increases the requirements of debt lenders towards fi nancing renewable energy projects. Thus all stakeholders within a project must adopt a thorough financial planning process from development to construction and through to the entire operation of a renewable project in order to attract the required investment flow.
This comprehensive 5-day course moves from evaluation of the wider market, economic and policy environment for renewable power projects, through to the project-level processes of planning, financing, modelling and risk analysis. In contrast to our technology-specific finance courses, attendees will consider aspects of all the major renewable power options, understanding and quantifying the key differences between the different types, from their different positions in the power market through to their different risk factors and planning challenges. It is thus ideal for those whose investments fall across multiple renewable power sectors, along with policymakers and others who require an industry-wide picture of renewable finance.
Training Level & Style
- These courses are designed to be accessible both to newcomers to financial modelling and analysis, and to those with some prior financial knowledge but lacking a focused, renewable market context.
- It will appeal to business decision-makers from a variety of job roles and sectors, who require a thorough and rounded subject review and a sector-focused discussion.
- Content is delivered throughout in an informal, interactive manner, encouraging questions and discussion.
- Attendees will have a chance to perform simple calculations, use provided excel-based fi nancial and other models, in order to apply and quantify the key learning points.
- Participants for Module 2 should bring a laptop to the course.
- Green Power Academy is an independent training organisation, exclusively focused on training and on the renewable energy sector. We have no other interests or non-training business to promote, and thus provide an unbiased, hype-free view of the topics, happy to highlight diverse opinions and data where and when these exist.
Who Should Attend:
- Independent renewable project developers
- Business developers from Utilities and IPPs
- Construction and Engineering companies offering EPC and O&M services
- Investors (Private Equity, Hedge Funds, Pension Funds, Sover-eign Wealth Funds)
- Debt Lenders (Commercial Banks, Multilateral Banks, Export Credit Agencies)
- Energy Policymakers and Planners
- Equipment manufacturers & service suppliers
- And any others with an interest in entering or benefiting from the growing renewable power sector
Supporting materials you will receive:
- Hard and soft copies of presentation materials
- Excel spreadsheets and models
- Latest industry case studies and examples
- Comprehensive reading list for further study after the course
- A certificate of attendance
Why Choose Green Power Academy?
- Unique courses that can’t be found anywhere else
- CPD certified
- Over 1250 delegates already trained
- Class sizes limited to ensure enough one to one time with the course lecturer
- Latest case studies and examples used
- Interactive class sessions
- Courses held at 4-5 star hotels in central city locations
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.