This online workshop provides attendees with a broad understanding of Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), how they are being used around the world to drive investment in renewable energy, and how a robust REC-based scheme could be used in Singapore to increase investment in renewable energy.
At the conclusion of the training session, attendees will:
- know what a REC is and what it is used for
- know some of the benefits and limitations of REC programs
- understand the fundamentals of registering, selling, settling (surrendering) and tracking RECs
- be familiar with different mechanisms that can be used to ensure the quality of RECs
- have a basic understanding of REC market dynamics and the key factors driving supply, demand and price