Meet the Stars of Caloundra South, a proposed master planned community on the Sunshine Coast.
Developed by Stockland, Caloundra South is designed to become an exemplar of sustainable community, with equal emphasis on environmental, social and economic outcomes. To guide this process Stockland is targeting a 6 Star Green Star Communities PILOT rating.
Sustainability strategies adopted include:
- investing in a sealed sewer system to protect the water quality of the groundwater and waterways
- widespread application of ‘water sensitive urban design’
- bike-city to reduce car dependency
- diversity in employment options and educational choice
Located on 2,310 hectares, the development site has presented a number of hurdles for the project team, including environmental challenges from adjacent Ramsar-listed wetlands and site approvals that were subject to review by both state and federal government.
- Trudy-Ann King, Director Market Development GBCA (GBCA Moderator)
- Mark Stephens, Senior Development Manager, Stockland
- Reanna Harper, Environment and Sustainability Consultant, Arup
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.