This program is designed to offer a foundation course in carbon emissions footprinting (measurement). Participants at this course will learn the essentials of GHG management and carbon performance. This course will provide the attendees with an excellent knowledge and understanding of the GHG Protocol to facilitate quantification and management of your carbon footprint and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. Participants will learn how to measure their organization’s carbon footprint using the GHG Protocol.
This course will be very useful to those in the following functions: GRI Reporting team members, CSR/Sustainability, EHS, energy management and facilities management.
- An understanding of greenhouse gas emissions and their effect on climate change
- Introduction to the GHG protocol for corporate accounting and the GHG protocol for project accounting
- GHG Reporting Indicators contained in the GRI G4 Reporting Framework and how they relate to the GHG Protocol standards
- Introduction to GHG inventories (Scope-1, Scope-2 and Scope-3)
- GHG protocol for measuring and reporting corporate carbon emissions
- Establishing a GHG information management system
- Creating a user-friendly tool to monthly measure and monitor GHG emissions from the facility/office operations