LIVE ONLINE COURSE OVER 5 SESSIONS
In increasing parts of the world, renewable power sources – particularly solar and wind – are now the cheapest way to generate electricity. This, combined with being crucial mechanisms by which to lower the carbon emissions of energy systems, means they are also the fastest growing supply of new power generating capacity. It is vital that anyone involved in electricity systems, from new power project developers to incumbent utilities, investors and policymakers, has a thorough understanding of how renewables are impacting the energy mix and the business models of both themselves and their competitors.
This course is designed for those seeking a comprehensive understanding of renewable power, from its market value to the processes of project and investment case development, and risk assessment. You will have a clearly explained review of renewable power trends and project development essentials; including key stages, processes, contracts and risk mitigation approaches. As a commercially-focused person, you need to have these issues discussed within a business case and investment context, illustrated by examples from around the world. You will build a knowledge base and skillset that is applicable to power projects of multiple types, so that it remains useful wherever your career next takes you.
1. Renewable power growth, trends & energy mix disruption
2. Developing projects: phases, risks and key contracts
3. Renewable power projects compared & contrasted
4. Dispatchable and ‘system-friendly’ renewable power
5. Developing the investment case
Benefits of attending
- Understand the factors driving the growth of renewable power
- Review data and statistics on deployment trends, costs and other key metrics
- Learn how to develop renewable power projects
- Evaluate the contrasts between different types of renewable power, from both project development and energy mix perspectives
- Discuss how channel to market choices and value propositions are evolving, and the impact on project development and business case
- Learn new trends such as storage and ‘flexibility’
- Quantify how multiple variables and risk considerations come together to determine the financial case for renewable power investments
- Stay up-to-date by project examples, business models and deployment approaches from across the world
“Excellent overview of renewables in the context of overall energy mix, and also details on specific renewable markets and technologies. Highly accomplished trainer with a broad knowledge and the right mix between slides and exercises.”
- Director, Crédit Agricole CIB
“This was one of my best spent weeks on training all year! A good and efficient way of getting an overview of the renewable energy sector. I found him very knowledgeable and enthusiastic in presenting the material, also enabling knowledge exchange between participants in the group. I really enjoyed his interesting lessons and the group work he provided for additional learning outcome. Thanks.”
- Vice President, Statkraft Development AS
“He represents a thoughtful and unbiased view in the realm of renewable energy. His insights are well reasoned, clear and, perhaps most importantly, backed up by hard numbers. Definitely a person I would turn to for guidance in this space.”
- Investment Officer, responsAbility Investments AG
Live online course - How it works
The structure of our virtual learning program is designed to keep the same levels of engagement and networking as our on-site public courses. Course content is delivered through our easy-to-use online learning platform and is supplemented by case studies and practical exercises.
Like our classroom-based public courses, you will have live interaction with our course facilitators and other participants. Our live online courses are led by our experienced instructors, who will provide you with easily digestible content, using knowledge learned from many years in the industry, during scheduled times. Delegates will receive copies of the course materials electronically.
This course is scheduled to take place over 5 live online sessions using virtual learning technology.
To register/enquire, please contact:
Infocus International Group
Tel: +65 6325 0210 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org