You are invited to explore the opportunities for business to lead in solving pressing urban challenges through collaboration and innovation at the launch of SustainAbility’s Citystates II: The Case for Corporate Leadership in Urban Sustainability.
The research considers the practical challenges to leadership for urban sustainability and provides guidance to companies seeking to amplify their positive influence on this important agenda.
Contributors who will share their insights include:
- Irena Bauman, Director of Bauman Lyons Architects and Professor of Sustainable Urbanism, University of Sheffield
- John Russell, Strategy Project Manager, Shell
- Steffen Nielsen, Director, Cities Changing Diabetes, Novo Nordisk
- Sue Riddlestone OBE, Chief Executive & Co-founder of Bioregional
We will also take advantage of the wisdom in the room to explore the following questions:
- How are cities contributing to the sustainable development agenda, particularly in light of the SDGs and the agreement at COP 21?
- What opportunities exist to collaborate and co-fund city-based sustainability efforts?
- How can efforts be increased to bring about systemic change and impact?