Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Sustainability Reporting Process Workshop
This course will enable you to prepare either a GRI Standards: ‘Core’ option repor or a GRI Standards: ‘Comprehensive’ option report.
ZOOiD and the training materials are certified by the Global Reporting Initiative.
GRI Workshop learning outcomes
By the end of the course, participants should feel very confident in how to prepare a best practice Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) sustainability report using the GRI Standards.
Most importantly, participants will begin to understand the GRI report writer’s adage “It’s not about the report, it’s about the process!”
Take-outs of the course include how to:
- Understand, interpret and implement the GRI Standards
- Select and prepare the information to be disclosed in the final report
- Apply the GRI Reporting Principles for Defining Report Content, and Defining Reporting Quality
- Identify, prioritise and communicate with your stakeholders
- Identify material topics and their boundaries (internal and/or external to your organisation)
- Streamline reporting processes throughout your organisation
- Communicate your report in innovative ways
- Prepare you for future reporting cycles through continuous improvement principles.
We frequently host guest speakers and facilitators at our GRI workshops, to provide you with further on the ground knowledge of what’s happening in the Australian marketplace.
Who should attend?
Individuals who are new to the Global Reporting Initiative sustainability reporting process, or reporters who may not have attended the course, and need some extra tools to help them along. It can often be of benefit to have more than one person from the same organisation attend the workshop, as sustainability reporting is multi-disciplinary in nature, and it helps to have more than one person with GRI knowledge as support.
Our participants come from a broad spectrum of sustainability focused areas of the organisation, including company secretary, HSE, corporate planning, project management, corporate social responsibility, health & wellbeing planning/policy, sustainability, communications, education and marketing, business analysts, community relations, business improvement, HR and more.
Which organisations and sectors should attend?
No matter how large or small your organisation is, public, or private, all organisations should consider preparing a GRI report. GRI reporting allows you to refine your business processes and better communicate your sustainability activities. All sectors benefit from GRI reporting.
Participants span the financial, minerals & mining, engineering, transport/logistics, aquaculture, events management, property development, utilities, pharmaceutical, paper products, FMCG, local and state governments, water boards, consultant, IT, retailers, wholesalers, education and not for profit sectors (building, business, aged care), sustainable tourism and more.
The workshop runs for 16 hours (2 days).
Prices range from $1170+GST to $1600+GST, depending upon registrant category and time of booking (a 10per cent early bird discount applies; GRI GOLD Community members receive an additional 10 per cent discount).
- All participants receive one complementary hour of consulting by one of Australia’s most experienced sustainability reporters
- All participants will receive a hard copy of the GRI Standards, and supporting training materials
- All participants receive a Certificate of Attendance directly from the Global Reporting Initiative in Amsterdam
- Refreshments are provided throughout the day
Mentoring and coaching add-on
Our mentoring and coaching package provides you with additional GRI sustainability reporting consulting support at the conclusion of a GRI workshop. Consulting may take place via telephone or in person. Additional fees may apply for travel costs. Add-on prices are special workshop offer rates and do not reflect ZOOiD’s regular consulting rate.
More information and registration is available at: www.zooid.com.au
Marian Gruber on 1300 663 518 or firstname.lastname@example.org