Sustainability, sustainable development and social responsibility have been becoming the global issues. A number of principles, charters, standards, guidance, guidelines, and other types of initiatives were established to promote sustainability. One of which is the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) that will end in 2015 and be replaced by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It is currently under discussions and debates globally before it will be published in September 2015.
The SDGs’ draft covers 17 goals and one of which is to strengthening the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development. This becomes a critical issue since a lot of organizations have been doing sustainability initiatives, yet the impacts are not significant or the problems are not solved. Global partnership will help organizations promoting sustainable development will synchronize knowledge, resources, expertise, and finance to address common issues.
SR Asia, as one of international networking organization promoting sustainability through social responsibility, would like to organize The 4th SR Asia International Conference with the topic “Global Partnership for Sustainable Development” (called “the Conference” in this document). The Conference promotes SDGs issues and practices and also facilitates partnership among the stakeholders towards sustainable development. In the Conference, the participants will engage in a number of in-class sessions and discussions, site visits and networking activities.
1. Promote Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as the common objectives after the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) ends.
2. Promote trend and practices in sustainability, such as renewable energy, environment conservation and community development.
3. Establish and strengthening inclusive collaboration among the stakeholders from the Asian countries in promoting and implementing sustainability principles.
4. Facilitate capacity building of individuals and institutions through knowledge sharing, discussions and site visit.
5. Facilitate individuals and institutions in developing global partnership for sustainability.
6. Establish and strengthening SR Asia’s global partnership with individuals and organizations in promoting sustainability through social responsibility in Asia.