Every year, World Toilet Day is celebrated on 19 November, the date declared to be World Toilet Day by the UN in 2013. The event provides a unique opportunity to address the global challenge of providing clean, healthy, accessible and affordable sanitation, i.e., basic sanitation or ‘convenience’.
Join us for an exclusive activity with innovators, entrepreneurs and experts to learn about how their initiatives are aiming to bring ‘convenience’ to those that are not ‘privileged’ enough to have access to these basic facilities. The event will also feature a workshop focused on creating a solution to a persistent urban water issue by identifying the nature of the problem and developing an awareness + action campaign to create tangible impact.
The event is being realized through the generous sponsorship of Roca, also the founder of the We Are Water Foundation that promotes water conservation and combats water scarcity through research, education, health, and infrastructure.
Note: Admission to the event is by invitation-only. Vegetarian finger food/canapes, beverages and refreshments would be served.
It was estimated in 2015 that 2.4 billion globally (about 1 out of 3 people) lack access to improved sanitation facilities, and just under 1 billion continue to defecate openly. Sanitation is a human right, just like the human right to water. Lack of access to sanitation impact health, dignity, and safety.
If nothing changes, it may still take several decades to fill the gap in water availability between developed and developing countries—several decades that people will be forced to spend without the health, dignity and well-being provided by the ‘convenience’ of clean toilets and safe drinking water.
- 6:00 - 6:30 Registration and Networking
- 6:30 - 7:00 Short Film Screenings on WAW’s Global Water Initiatives
- 7:15 - 7:45 Keynote Presentation by WeCare on ‘Toilets for China’ (Topic TBC)
- 7:45 - 8:00 Presentation by 2nd Speaker on Water & Hygiene in China (TBC)
- 8:00 - 8:20 Discussions / Q&A
- 8:20 - 9:00 Impact Workshop for Selected Attendees: Creating a Campaign to ‘Raise Water Awareness, Reduce Water Consumption’.
- 8:20 - 9:00 Video Screening, Drinks and Networking
For more information, please visit the link.