The 4th WeGO Awards is a triennal competition that recognises and promotes local governments with exemplary projects and solutions that use ICT to help improve the quality of life of citizens.
All local governments, smart tech solution providers, and public organisations around the world, both members and non-members of WeGO, are eligible to apply. Smart tech solution providers and public organisations are also eligible to apply on behalf of a city after receiving their approval.
This year, the awards will be given in the following categories:
- Efficient Government (Public Service Delivery, Accountability, Service Integration, Breaking Down Silos, Interoperability)
- Emerging Technology (Latest ICT innovations such as AI, Drones, Blockchain, Virtual and Augmented Reality, Edge Computing)
- Mobility(Efficient Transport, Intelligent Transport Systems, Mixed-Modal Access, Integrated ICT Infrastructure, Parking)
- Open and Inclusive City (Citizen Participation, Open Date and Privacy, Transparency, Bridging the Digital Divide, Participatory Budgeting, Living Labs, Crowdsourcing)
- Safe City (Security, Emergency Response, Gas and Fire Detection, Infrastructure Management, Disaster Response)
- Sustainable City (Green ICT, Waste Management, Water Management, Circular Economy, Lighting, Buildings, Resources Management)
- Launch of the 4th WeGO Awards (February 24)
- Application Deadline (July 31)
- 1st Evaluation Round (August)
- Announcement of Finalists (Early September)
- 2nd Evaluation Round (Mid-September)
- Announcement of Winners (Mid-September)
- WeGO Awards Ceremony (TBD)
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the original date of the WeGO awards ceremony has been cancelled. details on the new date of the awards ceremony will be announced at a later date.
Past award winners include Seoul, Moscow, Helsinki, Taipei, Abu Dhabi, Buenos Aires, Barcelona, Hong Kong, Kampala, and Singapore.
Apply now to gain international recongition for your projects and ICT solutions that improve citizens’ quality of life!