Mr. Pornchai Rujiprapa, Minister of Information and Communication Technology, Thailand will open the inaugural Critical Infrastructure and Resilience Asia conference at the Avani Atrium Bangkok on 25th-26th June with an opening keynote presentation.
This important event is co-hosted by Thailand’s Department of Disaster Prevention & Mitigation (under the Ministry of Interior), the Ministry of Information & Communication Technology and the Electronic Transactions Development Agency. It also has the confirmed the support of the Ministry of Transport, Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau and the event is sponsored by Thailand’s Provincial Electricity Authority.
Whether it is through a natural or manmade disaster or terrorist attack; the proper functioning of a nations critical infrastructure is vital to the interests of any society. At this year’s Critical Infrastructure and Resilience Asia leading experts from around the world will discuss the threats both in the physical and cyber domains and how to mitigate those threats.
Keynote speaker confirmed:
- Mr.Pornchai Rujiprapa, Minister of Information and Communication Technology, Thailand
- Lt General Datuk Dr. William Stevenson, MiDAS Chief Executive, Malaysia
Latest speakers announced:
- Suwat Chiochanchai, Deputy Governor, Planning and System Development, Provincial Electricity Authority, Thailand
- Dr. Koonton Yamploy, Director of Geotechnical and Engineering Division, Department of Highways, Ministry of Transport, Thailand
- Dr. Kitti Subprasom, Bureau of Planning, Department of Highways, Ministry of Transport, Thailand
- Mr Mohd Zabri Adil Talib, Head of Digital Forensics, Cyber Security Responsive Services, Cybersecurity Malaysia (Under Ministry of Science, Technology & Innovation (MOSTI))
- Dr. Sak Segkhoonthod, CEO and President, Electronic Government Agency and Cloud Security Alliance, Thailand
- Dr. Anond Snidvongs, Executive Director, Geo-Informatics and Space Technology Development Agency
- Police Major General Apichat Suriboonya, Head of Interpol NCB Thailand, Commander of Foreign Affairs Division, Royal Thai Police
- Professor Dr. Panitan. Lukkunaprasit, an adviser to the Center of Excellence in Earthquake Engineering and Vibration, Faculty of Engineering, Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Prof. Dr. Krasae Chanawongse, Chairman, Asian Disaster Preparedness Center
- Dr. Indrajit Pal, Assistant Professor – Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation and Management, Asian Institute of Technology
- Professor Surapon Virulrak, Ph.D, Executive Committee, Association of Siamese Architects Under Royal Patronage
- Ricardo Baretzky, President, European Centre for Information Policy and Security (ECIPS), CYBERPOL program
- Yap Kwong Weng, Chief Operating Officer, Parami Energy, Myanmar
The preliminary conference programme can be viewed at www.cip-asia.com.
The event will bring together leading stakeholders from industry, operators, agencies and governments to collaborate on securing Asia. The conference will look at developing existing national or international legal and technical frameworks, integrating good risk management, strategic planning and implementation.
Attacks on critical infrastructure sites are a favoured target for terrorist groups, for good reason. They offer what is seen by the terrorist as a soft target, that is, maximum effect with minimal chance of interdiction. The potential effects in terms of damage, the hugely detrimental economic impact, disruption of normal daily life and resulting publicity, can far outweigh the terrorist organisations commitment in both manpower and risk.
Southeast Asia has seen a rise in insurgency-related attacks and terrorist activities, creating uncertainty and insecurity on critical national infrastructure. Climate change has also seen more extreme weather patterns, creating additional hazardous, unseasonal and unpredictable conditions and a severe strain on infrastructure.
Critical Infrastructure Protection and Resilience Asia brings together leading stakeholders from industry, operators, agencies and governments to debate and collaborate on securing South East Asia’s critical infrastructure and its valuable information and data.
For further details visit www.cip-asia.com.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.