Eco Expo Asia, the region’s premier international trade exhibition for green business, continues to receive strong support from the industry’s leading suppliers. Organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd and the Hong Kong Trade Development Council with the co-organisation by the Environment Bureau of the Government of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), the 2014 show will serve as a trading platform enabling quality buyers from Asia to connect with green enterprises and government officials.
This year will mark the debut of “theme day”, a concept developed to address the most challenging environmental issues across Asia. A line up of daily special events and conferences will feature a selection of products and solutions to highlight the corresponding themes.
29 Oct (Day 1) – Global Green Initiatives
Global Green Initiatives will be the key focus on the opening day. Domestic, Chinese Mainland, overseas pavilions, as well as buying delegations from key government and environmental departments will take the lead in guiding Asia towards a more environmentally friendly future.
30 Oct (Day 2) – Waste Management & Recycling
Waste management has been one of the most urgent and critical issue for a number of countries and regions. Hong Kong and the Chinese mainland in particular have become one of the largest producers of waste globally. With Waste Management & Recycling being the theme for day two, international enterprises and government officials from across Asia who care about the environment will be actively seeking out the latest green solutions and technologies at the show.
31 Oct (Day 3) – Green Building, Energy Efficiency & Energy
Buildings are one of the biggest consumers of energy and second largest emitters of carbon dioxide. With about 40% of the world’s building stocks housed in the Asia Pacific region, the third day of the show will focus on the latest green building technologies and solutions to enhance energy efficiency and reduce costs. Product demonstrations and conferences will provide attendees prime opportunities to interact with a number of global industry experts.
1 Nov (Day 4) – Green Living (Public Day)
Public education on environmental protection is crucial for environmental sustainability. Consequently, on the final day, organisers have decided to open the floor to the general public. Special emphasis will be on targeting younger generations in an effort to raise their awareness and improve perception of environmental protection through interactive workshops and forums.
Exhibitors eager to showcase latest innovations to enrich visitors’ experience
Renowned as the leading fair among green businesses across Asia, the 2014 show attracts a number of exhibitors who are ready to present their latest solutions and products. Adding to the fair’s existing product profile, exhibitors will also introduce entirely new technical innovations and concepts to further enhance visitors’ experience. Some of the noted exhibitors confirmed for 2014 include:
- China Energy Conservation and Environmental Protection (HK) Investment Co Ltd (CECEP) (Waste Management & Recycling Zone): CECEP is one of the largest technology-based and service-oriented industrial group in the field in the Chinese market. One of its subsidiaries, CECEP Geothermal Energy Co., Ltd., is also a world leader in the development and application of shallow geothermal energy utilisation technologies. The single well cycle geothermal energy acquisition technology is an internationally patented original innovation, and the dual-temperature heat pump is innovative at the internationally advanced level, which has been widely extended in China.
- Eurolite Group (Energy Efficiency & Energy Zone): Eurolite is a leading company in research and development for clean energy. Just recently, the company successfully completed the development of Horizontal Axis Wind Turbines. The unique Down Wind 500W HAWT can rotate with omnidirectional winds for 24 hours and can generate electricity at wind speeds of as low as 2 meters per second.
- Milan Ecowood Pte Ltd (Green Building Solution & Service Zone): The Singapore-based company specialises in the development of innovative technologies for the manufacturing of unique Milan Eco Composite Wood. As the market leader with many projects completed in Asia, Milan Ecowood knows woods better than any other producer and is expanding sales rapidly to other parts of Asia such as Malaysia, Myanmar and Indonesia.
- Horimasa International Co Ltd (Eco-friendly Product Zone): Horimasa International dedicates itself to creating innovative environmentally sustainable products. The company’s green technology division VEGILAB has developed the VEGILAB™ Indoor Vertical Growing System which uses aquaponics technology and multi-wavelength LED lights to grow organic vegetables indoors. This is the company’s latest solution to current environmental challenges.
- Green Dynamic Electric Vehicle Limited (Green Transportation Zone): Green Dynamic Electric Vehicle is committed to developing electric vehicles, motors and controller systems. The company collaborated with the Hong Kong Productivity Council to create their first locally developed electric bus. Key components of the vehicle include an efficient magnetic synchronous motor paired with an integrated controller system fitted onto a lightweight Monologue body made from T6082 aluminium.
Additionally, other leading domestic and international brands participating at the 2014 show include Baguio Green Group, Bevil – Spechim, Crown Motors Ltd, EM Korea, Green Council Ltd, Green Technology Consortium, Hong Kong Council for Testing and Certification, Marko Tack Singapore Pte. Ltd., MOBA Mobile Automation AG, REC Green Technologies Co Ltd, SITA Waste Services Ltd and TIPPS.
The Architectural Services Department, Civil Engineering and Development Department, Drainage Services Department of the Government of HKSAR to name a few, have also confirmed their participation at the show.
With a number of pressing environmental challenges worldwide, Eco Expo Asia 2014 aims to be a holistic platform that offers greener solutions to both companies and individuals. For more information, please email email@example.com or visit www.ecoexpoasia.com
Background information on Messe Frankfurt
Messe Frankfurt is one of the world’s leading trade fair organisers, generating around €545 million in sales and employing some 2,000 people worldwide. The Messe Frankfurt Group has a global network of 28 subsidiaries and around 50 international Sales Partners, allowing it to serve its customers on location in more than 150 countries. Messe Frankfurt events take place at more than 30 locations around the globe. In 2013, Messe Frankfurt organised a total of 113 trade fairs, of which more than half took place outside Germany. Comprising an area of 578,000 square metres, Messe Frankfurt’s exhibition grounds are home to ten exhibition halls. The company also operates two congress centres. The company is publicly owned, with the City of Frankfurt holding 60 percent and the State of Hesse 40 percent. For more information, please visit our website at www.messefrankfurt.com
Background information on HKTDC
A statutory body established in 1966, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (HKTDC) is the international marketing arm for Hong Kong-based traders, manufacturers and service providers. With more than 40 global offices, including 13 on the Chinese mainland, the HKTDC promotes Hong Kong as a platform for doing business with China and throughout Asia. The HKTDC also organises trade fairs and business missions to connect companies with opportunities in Hong Kong and on the mainland, while providing information via trade publications, research reports and online. For more information, please visit: www.hktdc.com.