Eco-Business is looking to recruit a professional with research, consulting and/or training experience to join our ESG Intelligence division. ESG Intelligence provides research, advisory and capability building services to corporates, governmental and NGOs as part of our mission to be Asia Pacific’s leading voice on sustainable development.
The individual will help to guide the development of the unit’s consulting and ESG skills development activities, which includes conceptualising practical solutions and programmes to support capacity building across a wide range of ESG and sustainable development issues for our partner organisations and for individuals.
Reporting to the Head of ESG Intelligence, you will work with our research and consulting team members in delivering client projects and training programmes. You will co-lead the delivery of our programmes, as well as help shaping our curriculum and thought leadership on climate change, ESG and sustainable development issues.
You should have a track record and established experience in the consulting and/or education industry, knowledge of sustainability issues, as well as a keen interest in sustainable development and how it relates to our business and policy global audience.
You will join our headquarters in Singapore and support our projects across the globe. There will be good opportunities for on-the-job and skills enhancement in various areas of sustainability. You must be able to operate independently to deliver high quality work.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Eco-Business ESG Intelligence unit in Asia Pacific, delivering on key projects related to research, consulting and training.
- Leading on client delivery work in Southeast Asia, specifically on research, advisory and engagement solutions
- Co-lead the preparation and delivery of training programmes as part of Eco-Business’s ESG Intelligence mandate, providing inputs to ensure material is up-to-date and fit for purpose
- Co-produce new curriculum that keeps abreast with key ESG developments, incorporating relevant Asian case studies and examples
- Support the ESG Intelligence, EB Studio and news teams in identifying key trends, thought leadership, and industry-related content
- Support team members and external consultants on projects where required
- Support Partnerships where required in shaping proposals, and other business development matters
Required experience (to be discussed in detail at interview):
- Proven track record in consulting and/or training, with at least 4 years of relevant experience, ideally in areas of business, sustainability, ethics and compliance or finance/investment
- A university degree in Humanities, Science, Economics, Business, Finance, Communication Studies, or any other relevant field.
- Excellent English writing and speaking abilities
- An understanding of the issues interwoven within environment, society and business in Asia Pacific
- Highly resourceful in building up knowledge and key insights
- Structured in your thought process and articulation of concepts
- Meticulous, with a keen eye on detail and timelines
- Skilled in project management with an ability to deliver high quality work
- A strong team player who is able to work well within a team, as well as independently
The following would be very useful:
- Experience in business development
- Ability to network and build contacts
- Asian languages other than English
- Experience in events (workshops, roundtables, conferences etc.)
You should ideally be based in Singapore with a residence permit. Exceptional candidates may still be considered if you do not possess a Permanent Residence or Singapore citizenship. All shortlisted applicants will be required to do a writing and presentation test.
To apply, please send a cover letter, your latest CV to Junice Yeo (email@example.com) to formally apply for this role.
Immediate availability is favourable.
Why this is a green job
Eco-Business is a mission-driven organisation that is guided by the sole objective of generating positive impact for society, while minimising our environmental impact.
We aim to build an internal culture that is empowered to know that as a team, we have the ability to help other organisations share ideas and best practices, advance public awareness and stimulate greater debate toward responsible business and sustainable development.
We strive to remain competitive as an employer of choice. Our benefits for full-time staff include medical insurance, generous annual leave provision, flexible work-from-home arrangements, maternity and paternity leave provision, volunteer days and more.
Eco-Business is an equal opportunity employer. As a growing team from different nationalities and backgrounds, we value diversity in our workplace. Applicants will not be discriminated because of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, nation origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, medical condition throughout the recruitment process.