The 2019 GSTC Asia-Pacific Sustainable Tourism Conference will address:
1. Smart Destination Management - Sensor technology, monitoring (socio-economic impact, environmental indicators), establishment of a carrying capacity
2. Quality Tourism: Delivering Sustainable Quality Experiences - Community Benefits Through Tourism (CBTT), overtourism solutions, visitor dispersal, harmonisation of standards
3. Tourism Protecting Wildlife - Elephants in tourism, wildlife trade and consumption, marine wildlife
The Conference will bring together international and domestic tourism stakeholders involved in the development and promotion of sustainable tourism; including public sector, hotels, tour operators, academia, development agencies, NGOs, consultants, and more.
A mixture of plenary sessions and breakouts with international and national experts in sustainable tourism as speakers, panelists, and panel moderators.
* February 27th (Wednesday): Welcoming dinner
* February 28th (Thursday): Conference – day 1
* March 1st (Friday): Conference – day 2
* March 2nd (Saturday): Post-conference tour
* February 26th-27th: GSTC Sustainable Tourism Training
Roi Ariel, GSTC General Manager