DNV’s first dedicated hydrogen forecast to 2050 provides new and expanded hydrogen findings from our Energy Transition Outlook model – exploring the outlook globally, regionally, and by sector. We combine this with the knowledge we have gained in our projects, research and development.
We find that hydrogen is essential to a clean energy future, but many questions remain around hydrogen’s large-scale use as an energy carrier.
- When, where and by how much will hydrogen scale?
- In which sectors will hydrogen and derivatives be used? And where will they not be used?
- How will hydrogen be transported and traded?
- What will be spent on hydrogen through to 2050?
- Which policies and strategies can best accelerate the scaling of hydrogen?
- What can be done to reduce risk and increase the attractiveness of hydrogen investments?
- How can hydrogen safety and perception challenges be overcome?
- Which hydrogen value chains will be successful, which won’t? What are the pioneering examples?
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.