On March 8th, our guest speakers will discuss the concept and value of UNGC for companies in the region and will describe the implementation process.
UAE National Committee representatives, Du and other leading companies will join and share their insights as to what it means to be a signatory of the UNGC.
Established in July 2000 in New York, USA, The UNGC is the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative for businesses, comprising 8,000 companies and 4,000 other stakeholders from around the world. UNGC business policy centres on the globally accepted 10 principles in the areas of Human Rights, Labour, Environment, and Anti-Corruption.
UNGC local networks are a group of participants who come together to advance the ideals and principles of the UNGC within a specific region, with the city of Dubai being registered as a UNGC member through DLD.
The UAE National Committee will promote governance, transparency, sustainability and human rights across the various economic sectors in the UAE. The committee members will work together to create an educational network for sharing success stories and to facilitate the progress of companies by helping them to implement the 10 principles in their business frameworks, enabling positive effects on sustainability and social development.
The 10 UNGC principles
- Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
- Principle 2: make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
- Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
- Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
- Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
- Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
- Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
- Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
- Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
- Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Host: The Change Initiative:
This event is hosted by the Change Initiative is one of famous home/office eco-friendly one-stop marketplace in Dubai! www.thechangeinitiative.com/
Where: The Change Initiative, Dubai
When: Tuesday, March 8th @6:30pm
To join this meetup please visit:http://www.meetup.com/CSR-Sustainability-Meetup-Dubai
For information contact: Sustainability Knowledge Group
Aglaia Ntili, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: +971 55323 1190
About CSR & Sustainability Meetup Dubai:
CSR and Sustainability Meetup Dubai is the 1st meetup in the region to unite all CSR and Sustainability professionals. Our aim is to network, exchange knowledge and expertise, generate new thinking on what best practice sustainability might look like, both in theory and in practice, incorporating social, financial, environmental aspects. Our events are open for everyone to attend. http://www.meetup.com/CSR-Sustainability-Meetup-Dubai/
The CSR & Sustainability Meetup is sponsored by Sustainability Knowledge Group:
Sustainability Knowledge Group is a global advisory firm dedicated in creating value for businesses through strategic CSR and Sustainability solutions. We provide certified training, coaching and tailor-made advisory solutions grounded in international theory and successful application. Our Vision is to make Sustainable Business a Choice for companies and organizations around the world. www.sustainabilityknowledgegroup.com