Sponsors, event owners and attendees are all expecting the greenest of green meetings, festivals, exhibitions and sporting events. Where to start and how to prioritise issues can be overwhelming for those charged with the sustainability management of an event.
The SEMS Tool was developed in response to a need in our industry, and gently guides event planners through all aspects of event sustainability best practice. An online tool, accessed through an annual license, SEMS takes users through a series of questions, from organisational principles, to office operations, destination, venue choice and event logistics.
By being asked questions across various categories, event planners are able to uncover event sustainability issues relevant to them. Every question comes with guidance, so it’s simultaneously a professional development training exercise.
A handy feature of the SEMS Tool is that questions can be ‘assigned’ to other staff members, suppliers, venue etc. This means answers, evidence and results can be gathered by the team, rather than relying on one person to do all the hard work.
Evidence (photos, documents, text, links) can be uploaded in response to each question, which both builds the management system as well as enables external scrutiny. It includes measurement calculators for energy, waste, water and transport and includes greenhouse gas emissions factors for every country, fuels and vehicle types. Also included is a transport worksheet to analyse travel modes and greenhouse gas impacts.
The SEMS Tool also covers all requirements of the new international standard ISO 20121: Event Sustainability Management Systems and provides templates for necessary procedure and process documentation. More than paperwork though, the SEMS Tool is the backbone of the management system the standard is asking you to implement.
FREE Downloadable Guides:Access the free guides which help event professionals to understand how to use the SEMS Tool to meet event sustainability goals, and to get ready to conform to standards and certifications.
For more information:
Jane Fullerton-Smith | M: +61 403 867 548
www.greenshootpacific.com | www.semstoolkit.com
SEMS TOOL AFFILIATES
The SEMS Tool is available online directly through the SEMS website or through affiliated organisations worldwide. Event planners may choose to purchase the SEMS Tool through their closest affiliate organisation, and develop a support relationship with that organisation, consultancy or individual specialist:
Get the SEMS Tool directly from the SEMS website www.semstoolkit.com or through one of the affiliates.
· Green Meetings Industry Council: www.gmicglobal.org
· Sustainable Event Alliance: sustainable-event-alliance.org
· Sustainable Event Management: A Practical Guide: www.greeneventbook.com
· GrrenShoot Pacific: www.greenshootpacific.com
· Nectar CC: www.nectarcc.com.au
· Harmonic Solutions: www.facebook.com/HarmonicSolutions
· Dynamic EcoSolutions: www.dynamicecosolutions.com.au
· Sustainability Systems and Services: www.sustainabilitysystems.com.au
· APRA AMCOS: www.apra-amcos.com.au
· Strategin Solutions: www.strateginsolutions.com brp>· Ann Duffy Group: www.annduffygroup.com
· MeetGreen: meetgreen.com
· Three Squares Inc: www.threesquaresinc.com/index.php
· Sustainable Insights LLC: www.sustainableinsightsllc.com
· MeetGreen: meetgreen.com
· My Stadium: www.mystadium.net
· Futuratinow: www.futuratinow.com
· Blueshift Solutions: www.blueshiftsolutions.com
Asia· Sustain Ability Showcase: sustain-ability-showcase.com
UAE · Market Vision Research & Consulting: www.market-vision.org
South Africa The Heritage Environmental Company: www.heritagesa.co.za
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.