Now in its 5th edition, the GCC Environment Forum (GEF) has grown in popularity and prestige over the years to assert its position as Saudi Arabia’s flagship environmental event.
We are pleased to announce the 2015 event will be held under the patronage of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and under the initiative of the Presidency of Meteorology and Environment.
Over the last few years, Saudi Arabia has started to operate a huge transition towards a more sustainable economy and society. GEF combines an international exhibition and strategic conference that serves to aid this process by bringing together business experts, technology providers and high profile decision makers from the public and private sector for three days of networking and learning.
Exhibitors and sponsors will be displaying their latest products and services and companies include; The Royal Commission for Jubail and Yanbu, GEMS, SEPCO, Saudi 3M, EDCO, Greentech Saudi, Gulf Advanced Control Systems, Huta Environment Group of Companies, Veolia and many more
The GEF Conference is without question Saudi Arabia’s leading platform to discuss environmental issues, legislation and strategy with some of the world’s most powerful executives.
In each edition, the conference focuses across a number of themes that are applied across multiple industries with the shared view of encouraging the continued development of the environment sector in the Kingdom and the GCC as a whole.
Keynote sessions this year include:
- Positioning environmental conservation as a means for future prosperity at the national, regional and international levels, Dr. Amyn Dahya, CEO - GEMS Utileco
- Green environmental solutions – Integrated management of solid wastes, Prof. Dr. Mamdouh F. Abdel-Sabour, Head of Environmental Consultancy Department - Saudi Asma Environmental Solutions (SAES)
- Addressing water and wastewater management issues as a common problem of the GCC region, H.E. Dr. Abdulrahman M. Al-Ibrahim, Governor - Saline Water Conversion Corporation
- Wastewater re-use: not only a technical challenge, Llywelyn Jones, Area Manager Middle East – Veolia
- State-of-the-art waste management facility at Juhfa and environmental monitoring project at the Royal Commission in Yanbu, Dr. Jaafar Nashed Al-Mahmoudi, Project Manager, Environmental Monitoring Project at Royal Commission (Yanbu) – SEPCO
Entry to the exhibition is free of charge. There is a few to enter the conference. Please see the website for details. www.gccenvironmentforum.com
If you need any more information or pictures please contact James Lamb – 0044 203 328 9581 / email@example.com
About the organisers
Presidency of Meteorology and Environment
The Presidency of Meteorology and Environment (PME) is the governmental body in charge of all environment related issues in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Based in Jeddah, it works with the public and private sectors to implement standards in air pollution, waste treatments, marine and coastal environments as well as being in charge of meteorology.
PME issues, revokes or renews the licences necessary for any company to operate an environmental business in Saudi Arabia and uses the GCC Environment Forum as a platform to update the community on their projects, vision and realisation. www.pme.gov.sa
BME Global Ltd is an international events company with extensive experience in operating in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Headquartered in London, with branches in Cairo and Jeddah, we cover key industries such as petrochemicals, water, power, environment, finance and construction. www.bme-global.com
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.