PacificLight provides wider opportunities for young Singaporeans to support sustainability efforts

PacificLight provides wider opportunities for young Singaporeans to support sustainability efforts

Singapore, 7 May 2018 – PacificLight has launched its 2018 Crea8 Sustainability Competition, which aims to engage and champion Singaporean youths on sustainability and environmental conservation. 

The focus of this year’s Crea8 Sustainability Competition is climate footprint, in support of Singapore’s Year of Climate Action in 2018. Through drawing, writing and video production, participants are encouraged to generate ideas on the actions needed to reduce our society’s environmental footprint, expected outcomes, and how these can be achieved. 

“We want to inspire Singaporean youths to be more involved in building a sustainable environment for themselves and future generations. This competition provides audio and visual avenues for students to share their innovative solutions for addressing climate challenges and to raise public awareness,” said Mr. Yu Tat Ming, CEO of PacificLight. 

Formerly known as the Sustainability Singapore School Art Competition, the competition has been rebranded in its third edition as the Crea8 Sustainability Competition to reflect its expanded categories and reach out to a wider group of students. In addition to the existing Art category, which is open to students from primary institutions, the competition now includes an Essay category for students from secondary institutions and a Video category for students from tertiary institutions. 

Registration is now open. For more information, please visit the competition site




For media queries, please contact: 

PacificLight Power Pte Ltd

Clare Savereux

Tel: +65 6603 8980





About PacificLight 

PacificLight is a Singapore-based power generation and electricity retailing company. We are one of Singapore’s leading electricity retailers, providing both business and residential customers with competitively-priced electricity and unparalleled customer service. 

We own and operate an 800MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine [plant] on Jurong Island, which uses state-of-the-art technology, making us the most efficient combined cycle plant currently operating in Singapore. Thanks to our plant’s high levels of reliability and efficiency, PacificLight has also been recognised as a Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) project under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change. 

The company is majority-owned (70%) by FPM Holdings (Singapore) Ltd (HK), with the remaining 30% held by Petronas International Corporation (Mauritius) Ltd. FPM Power is a 60:40 joint venture between both First Pacific Company Ltd and Meralco PowerGen Corporation respectively. 

Further details can be found on


Publish your content with EB Publishing

It's about who you reach. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.

Most popular

Featured Events

Publish your event
leaf background pattern

Transforming Innovation for Sustainability Join the Ecosystem →