Dow Corning, a global leader in silicones, silicon-based technology and innovation, has received Product Certification from the Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC) for seven of its flagship products under the Adhesives and Sealants category.
The certification scheme for Singapore Green Building Product (SGBP) adopts an independent, multi-criteria third-party approach that complies with the ISO 14020 Type I International Standard for environmental labeling and complements the Singapore Building and Construction Authority’s (BCA) Green Mark Scheme.
Through this two-year certification, Dow Corning is recognised for its continued commitment to raising green standards and building a sustainable future which benefit all customers and stakeholders beyond the High Performance Building (HPB) segment.
“Dow Corning continues to work closely with stakeholders in the HPB segment including building owners, architects, contractors, original equipment manufacturers, engineers and consultants to ‘unleash the power of silicones and silicone materials to benefit everyone everywhere’ in a sustainable future. The qualification of those key products in Singapore is part of a wider global commitment from Dow Corning to have our products supporting Green Building Councils initiatives,” underlines Jean-Paul Hautekeer, Global Strategic Market Leader for HPB, Dow Corning.
“As the world grows more cognizant of the benefits brought about by green building, the demand for green building products and materials will only increase,” emphasised Er. Ng Eng Kiong, President of the SGBC. “Staying on the pulse of the industry, the SGBP certification scheme has certified more than 750 green building products and services, distinguished by their emphasis on holistic environmental performance. We are glad for Dow Corning to have seven products join our growing pool of SGBP-certified products and services, demonstrating their clear commitment to the green building movement.”
Designed to advance sustainable construction, Dow Corning’s High Performance Building Solutions deliver innovative silicon-based solutions to meet the needs of customers who are required to respond quickly to an ever-changing business landscape and support the global green movement. Its silicon-based technologies have helped pioneer the thermally efficient facade systems seen in landmark projects across the globe and is constantly collaborating with customers to create better ways to seal, insulate, light, power and protect more sustainable buildings.
The seven certified Dow Corning products and solutions include:
- Dow Corning 688 Silicone Glazing & Cladding Sealant is a one-part neutral cure silicone sealant designed for a wide range of glazing, weathersealing and professional caulking applications. It will bond to form a strong weatherproof seal on most common building materials. It is a construction grade sealant that easily extrudes in any weather.
- Dow Corning 791 Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant is a specified, premium performance weather sealing product specifically designed for general glazing and weather sealing in curtain wall and building facades. It is a one component, neutral cure sealant with 50% movement capability and an excellent unprimed adhesion to a wide variety of construction materials and building components. This makes it ideal for expansion, connection, perimeter and other movement joints.
- Dow Corning 795 Structural Glazing Sealant is a one-component neutral Silicone sealant designed for site or factory glazing and curtainwall production. It requires contact with air as it reacts with atmospheric moisture to cure to a tough but flexible silicone rubber. Dow Corning 795 Structural Glazing Sealant can be used where dual structural and weatherseal applications are desired. It has up to +/- 50% movement capability in a well-designed weatherseal joint. It has excellent adhesion to a wide range of substrates, including glass, anodized and coated aluminium profiles.
- Dow Corning 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant is intended for use as a secondary sealant in dual-sealed insulating glass units. A primary seal of polyisobutylene is required to prevent moisture vapor transmission into the airspace in the insulating glass unit. Dow Corning 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant can bond the individual components of the insulating glass unit to form a weatherresistant unit capable of being certified for industry standards. Conformance can be confirmed by an independent test laboratory in accordance with industry standard. Dow Corning 982 Silicone Insulating Glass Sealant can also be used as the secondary edge seal in insulating glass units that will be structurally glazed.
- Dow Corning 983 Structural Glazing Sealant is designed for factory glazing and curtain wall production. It is a two-part, neutral cure silicone sealant. Once cured, this structural sealant forms a durable, flexible and watertight bond. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to most glass, chromated and anodized aluminum and many painted aluminum surfaces. A primer may be required for fast and consistent adhesion to polyester powdercoat and fluorocarbon coatings and other high performance coated substrates approved for architectural structural glazing applications.
- Dow Corning 991 Silicone High Performance Sealant is a medium-modulus elastomeric silicone sealant designed for weatherproofing. It is specially formulated to prevent staining of porous substrates such as natural stone and minimize streaking on metal panels and glass. It forms a durable, flexible, watertight bond with most building materials and can be used for new and remedial construction applications. Sensitive natural stone, glass and metal panels.
- Dow Corning 995 Silicone Structural Glazing Sealant is a one-component neutral-curing silicone sealant designed specifically for structural bonding applications of glass and metal in factory or field situations. This high ultimate tensile strength sealant is ideally suited for structural bonding and protective glazing applications. It has excellent unprimed adhesion to wide range of substrates including coated, enameled, and reflective glasses; anodized and polyester coated or painted aluminum profiles including most fluoropolymer based paints such as Kynar™. It meets global standards for structural glazing.
About Dow Corning
Dow Corning http://www.dowcorning.com provides performance-enhancing solutions to serve the diverse needs of more than 25,000 customers worldwide. A global leader in silicones, silicon-based technology and innovation, Dow Corning offers more than 7,000 products and services via the company’s Dow Corning® and XIAMETER® brands. Dow Corning is equally owned by The Dow Chemical Company and Corning, Incorporated. More than half of Dow Corning’s annual sales are outside the United States.
About Singapore Green Building Council
Established in 2009, the Singapore Green Building Council (SGBC) champions efficient green building design, practices and technologies that go toward environmental sustainability in the building and construction industry.
SGBC administers the Singapore Green Building Product & Services Certification schemes, setting standards and benchmarks for green building products in Singapore and the region.
As an Established Member of the World Green Building Council, SGBC is also part of a wide global network of green building councils in more than a hundred countries.
For more information, visit www.sgbc.sg.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.