With a solid framework for environment and social sustainability in place, 11 Centara properties have achieved Silver Certification from EarthCheck, the world’s leading environment certifier of travel and tourism organizations.
In order to achieve Silver, Centara properties were required to submit operational data that was benchmarked against industry best practice. Distinct policies and procedures have been put into place for operational activities at each property, such as waste management, risk assessment and internal audits, allowing for the best practices in the areas of energy consumption, carbon emissions and community engagement.
“As Centara expands internationally, we want to ensure that the values of sustainability are universal and through such certifications, we are encouraged that we are minimizing our impact on the environment and within the local community,” shared CEO Khun Thirayuth Chirathivat, Centara Hotels and Resorts. “We are continuing to implement innovative sustainable programs in all of our hotels and look forward to Gold Certifications in the future.”
The 11 Centara properties include:
- Bangkok: Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre at CentralWorld; Centara Grand at Central Plaza Ladprao Bangkok
- Hua Hin: Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin
- Pattaya: Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya
- Phuket: Centara Grand Beach Resort Phuket; Centara Grand West Sands Resort & Villas Phuket; Centara Karon Resort Phuket; Centara Kata Resort Phuket
- Samui: Centara Grand Beach Resort Samui
- Centara Grand Island Resort & Spa Maldives
- Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa Maldives
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.