Agtech companies with a market-ready innovative solution are invited to apply for the SustainableAg Asia Challenge by Rabobank. Solutions could be in the areas of farming practices, inclusivity of smallholder farmers, traceability, food safety, data integrity & sharing and/or improving access to markets. Organised by Rabobank, a global leader in food and agri banking, selected companies will benefit from networking opportunities with leading agri-businesses and eco-system partners to help them scale their businesses. Applications close Sunday 1 September 2019, 23:59 pm Singapore time.
Seeking innovative agtech solutions
With agri-food supply chains are becoming increasingly interconnected - from input companies to farmers, traders, food companies and retailers – data and innovation are key to meet the increased demand for food. Better data collection, analysis and sharing will improve integrity in the agri-food supply chain. Moreover, data-driven technology will enable farmers and food & agri companies to make more informed decisions, triggering new smart farming and processing techniques and new ways of food distribution. With the vast majority of smallholder farmers living in Asia, agtech solutions will enable farmers to improve their crop production and access to markets, and in turn improve their incomes.
Prizes and benefits
- The Top 15 shortlisted teams will be invited to Pitch Day in Singapore, where they will pitch to invited guests and senior representatives from Corporate Partners and Ecosystem Partners
- Shortlisted teams will benefit from networking opportunities with Rabobank, Rabobank Foundation and the Challenge’s Partners.
- During Pitch Day, shortlisted companies will stand to win cash prizes from a pool of US$20,000!
- The Top 5 companies will be invited to Rabobank Asia’s Food & Agri Advisory Board (FAAB) meeting in Shanghai on 31 October 2019. This is Rabobank’s annual premier event bringing together C-suite level decision makers of food and agribusiness companies.
- Top 15 and Top 5 companies will receive a fixed travel grant to subsidise their travel expenses to Singapore and Shanghai for the Pitch Day and FAAB events respectively.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.