ISO 50001 Lead Auditor Training is designed to give you the relevant skills and knowledge to carry out audits of Energy Management Systems (EnMS). This five-day course provides an opportunity for both Environmental and Energy management professionals to update their skills in interactive and supportive surroundings.
Objectives: On course completion you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of ISO 50001 and the benefits to an organization of using the Standard
- Outline key concepts and approaches to an energy management system
- Describe, with reference to Plan – Do – Check – Act cycle, the structure, scope and purpose of ISO 50001
- Outline key ISO 50001 definitions and terminology
- Briefly summarise relevant energy management legislation
- Identify sources of law and sources of information on energy management legislation
- Describe the principles, processes and techniques used for the assessment of risk and the significance of these in all energy management systems
- Outline and interpret the requirements of the ISO 50001 management systems specification in the context of an audit
- Effectively plan and conduct an audit of the management and operation of an organization in accordance with the requirements of relevant EnMS audit criteria
- Report the audit, including writing valid, factual and value-adding nonconformity reports
- Undertake audit follow-up activities, including evaluating the effectiveness of corrective and preventive action
This course comprises lecture and workshop exercises. Participants are expected to possess a basic knowledge of energy management systems or ISO 50001 before attending the course. This course is accredited by Internal Registry of Certified Auditors (IRCA).
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.