Sweet 17 or a more mature approach? How SDGs and Materiality Assessment complement each other
17 aspirational Global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that should transform the world we live in. The SDGs have attracted unprecedented interest from companies, investors and policy-makers. Despite this, many businesses and organisations remain overwhelmed by the challenge of applying them in a tangible business context.
Meridian and Sanford will share their experiences in how SDGs, materiality assessment and sustainability strategies combine to add business value. An update on their current status both in New Zealand and in a global context will be provided by the Sustainable Business Council (SBC) and thinkstep.
A hands-on workshop will focus on gaining experience in how to get started using the SDGs.
Aim of the workshop
- Get inspired to use the SDGs without being overwhelmed
- Learn from practical industry examples
- Apply SDGs in hands on workshop
- Hear how SDGs can inform materiality assessment and strategy
- Find out how SDGs support constructive stakeholder dialogue
- Explore how to use the goals to set targets for your organisation
Time and Venue
Date: Thursday, 14 September from 2.30 – 5.30 pm, followed by networking drinks and nibbles
Venue: PwC Building, Auckland CBD (further details will be provided upon registration)
General Admission: 100 NZD
Discounted Admission: 50 NZD
- Members of the German-New Zealand Chamber of Commerce Inc. / AHK
- Members of Sustainable Business Council (SBC)
- thinkstep clients
For further information contact: Matthias.email@example.com