“Informed Decision making for Sustainable Development”
Eye on Earth Summit 2015 (6 - 8 October, Abu Dhabi, UAE) will bring together over 650 delegates from government, UN bodies, the non-governmental sector, private sector, academia and civil society to identify solutions to fill the environmental, social and economic data gap to support informed decision-making for sustainable development. Casting a spotlight on the role governments, technology, the scientific community and citizen participation play in enhancing access to quality data, the Summit will address:
Data demand - including data acquisition and management, how data can be communicated and visualized for optimal use, and current data requirements, challenges and uses.
Data supply - including the availability of and access to environmental, social, and economic data, innovations in knowledge sharing and open access data, and the importance of crowd sourcing and citizen science for information gathering.
Data enabling conditions - including the necessary legal, financial, and technological infrastructures and capabilities required to facilitate better availability of, access to and sharing of data.
Among the confirmed speakers are the heads of Alliance partner organisations responsible for Eye on Earth:
- H.E. Razan Al Mubarak, Secretary General, Environment Agency Abu Dhabi
- Barbara J. Ryan, Secretariat Director of the Group on Earth Observations
- Inger Anderson, Director General, International Union for Conservation of Nature
- Achim Steiner, Executive Director United Nations Environment Programme and Undersecretary General of the United Nations
- Janet Ranganathan, Vice president for Science and Research, World Resources Institute
Convene. Converge. Collaborate.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.