Following the success in 2016 of ShareAction’s first European conference, Responsible Investment in Europe, we are again bringing together leading players from across Europe’s investment sector, civil society and policy community to debate and shape the future of investment in the region and its impacts beyond.
The 2017 conference takes place in The Hague on 14 & 15 September and we’d love to see you there. The full programme can be seen here.
Serious momentum has built around the sustainable finance agenda in Europe. Building on the creation of the EU High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance, the Financial Stability Board’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures and an increasing number of civil society programmes focused on finance, the conditions are right to achieve a greater shift of the system, towards the delivery of investment practices that truly serve savers, society and the environment.
Substantial effort is needed to ensure that private capital accelerates the delivery of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change. No sector can achieve this task in isolation, which is why we are again bringing together leaders from Europe’s investment sector, civil society and policy community to debate and shape the future of investment in the region.
Some of our exciting speakers include:
- Laurence Tubiana, CEO of The European Climate Foundation
- Saker Nusseibeh, CEO of Hermes Investment Management
- José Meijer, Vice-President of ABP and Director for Pensions at the Dutch trade union Federatie Nederlandse Vakbeweging (FNV)
- Jean Boissinot, Head of Banking and Financial Sector Analysis at the French Treasury
- Catherine Howarth, Chief Executive of ShareAction
- Angélique Laskewitz, Managing Director of The Dutch Association of Investors for Sustainable Development (VBDO)
- Fiona Reynolds, Director at UN PRI
- Ingrid Holmes, Director at E3G
- Alexandra van Selm, Program Director, International Responsible Business Conduct at the Social and Economic Council (SER)