“Mastering the legal and commercial framework, contract negotiation, financing, risk and contractor relationship complexities of upstream and downstream EPC projects.”
Managing and Negotiating
Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts for Energy Industry
5 - 7 August 2019, Singapore
16 - 18 September 2019, Johannesburg
Today, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects are uniquely challenging. Parties currently involved in large complex and fast-track EPC projects frequently suffer financial loss that could have been mitigated by effective contract management.
Appropriate practical “know-how” of EPC contracts will improve your ability to take appropriate steps, or to obtain necessary advice, to minimise or manage such risks.
This intensive workshop provides valuable insight into the rapidly evolving world of EPC contracts.
It has been designed specifically for the professionals and management of energy industries and will be of particular interest to those with current or planned projects in Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe and the CIS.
You will analyse an EPC contract, clause by clause, focusing on your challenges in international and domestic projects.
This unique interactive master class discusses the key issues in EPC contracts which are relevant for lenders, sponsors and borrowers in international construction projects and the keys to deliver successful projects.
- Global and local legal and commercial framework in Asia, Middle East, Africa, Europe and the CIS
- Contract negotiation best practices
- Tips on contractual risk mitigation
- Contract financing and project structuring
- Contractor relationship management
- Clause-by-clause discussion based on an actual contract precedent
Key learning objectives
- UNDERSTAND the current finance market for EPC contracts
- MANAGE legal risks and environment for EPC contracts in the region
- DISCOVER alternative procurement options for projects and the risks and opportunities associated with these options
- DISTINGUISH new and effective contract negotiation strategies
- ANALYSE the types of claims that may be made under EPC contracts and develop strategies to manage these claims
- GAIN INSIGHTS into the best current dispute resolution options and the risks and costs associated with each option
Interesting, extremely helpful and relevant. A very clear presentation style which kept the material interesting and the audience engaged.”
- National Oil Company of Namibia
“A must—attend for professionals wishing to improve in EPC contracts management.”
- Century Power General on, Nigeria
“A very thorough presentation with excellent real life examples and war stories from trainer.”
“The seminars were highly informative and trainer is clearly very experienced in the EPC and major projects worldwide. It was very relevant for us in our business.”
- Qatar Petroleum
“The trainer spoke knowledgeably about matters that concern lenders, sponsors and borrowers bringing different perspectives to the discussion.”
- KBC Bank NV
“Interesting explanation of every clause of the contract (i.e. the thorough assessment of an EPC
- KFW Bankengruppe
Who should attend
CEOs, CXOs, Directors, Heads of Departments, Managers of:
- Legal & Compliance
- Project Finance
- Project Development
- Construction / Engineering
- Investment / Funding
- Plus anyone responsible for EPC projects
From cross industries including, but not limited to:
- Government Authorities
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Renewables
- Construction & Engineering
- Banking & Financial Services
- Commercial Law Firms
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion bearing the signatures from both the Course Director and the Course Organizer. This Certificate will testify your endeavor and serve towards your professional advancement.
To register/enquire, please contact:
Infocus International Group
Tel: +65 6325 0351 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.