COP 21 marked a watershed moment for global cooperation to tackle climate change, and the Paris Agreement has been hailed as a ‘game changer’ by many. Nevertheless, four years before the Agreement is implemented, some important issues remain unresolved and a number have emerged. Beyond the negotiations, could low fossil fuel prices and a fragile global economy weaken the resolve of governments to deliver, or over-deliver, on their commitments?
This conference will explore issues including:
- The implications of the Paris outcome for capital investment, innovation and planning in the public and private sectors;
- Dynamics within and between the major emitters and the prospects for greater near-term ambition, including potential outcomes of the 2016 US presidential election;
- The outlook for hydrocarbon prices and the implications for low-carbon policies in developed and developing countries;
- How $1 trillion of investment in clean energy can be mobilized;
- The feasibility and implications of a major effort to develop carbon sinks and negative emissions technologies.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.