The Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Professional Training is an intermediate level training course offering a comprehensive viewpoint to Sustainability.
Participants will gain a holistic approach to all key areas of Sustainability and CSR, including current trends, challenges, standards, and strategies and will gain the necessary skills to support their organization to use Sustainability as a competitive advantage and a tool to overcome business risks. During the course, professionals will benefit from our interactive approach focusing on applying Sustainability across the organisation. Our skill-building and hands-on approach assists participants to improve their capabilities and drive practical Sustainability solutions successfully across their organisation.
- Articulate the business case for sustainability
- Learn how to integrate Sustainability into the existing organisational structure and structure
- Gain well rounded understanding of Sustainability and CSR ecosystem and future developments
- Develop programs which ensure maximum positive impact for all stakeholders
- Communicate effectively the progress and achievement via sustainability reports to identified stakeholders
At the end of the two-day CSO Professional Training, participants will have acquired the skills and knowledge to:
- Identify and apply effective sustainability solutions in your organization
- Develop, implement and monitor sustainability initiatives and strategies across the triple bottom line
- Identify stakeholders and their roles in advancing sustainability efforts
- Ensure maximum impact from applying Sustainability and CSR standards and frameworks
- communicate organizational strategies, material issues, impacts, and performance via sustainability reports
- Recognise opportunities and challenges related to CSR and Sustainability
Global ILM Recognition
ILM is the UK’s leading provider of leadership, management and coaching qualifications and a world renowned professional membership body representing over 25,000 managers and leaders.
Following your successful post-course assignment submission, you will receive the “Chief Sustainability Officer (CSO) Professional” Certificate which is endorsed by ILM.
Additional guidance is provided for the successful completion of your post-course assignment.
Key topics include
- Practical Sustainability and CSR Concepts
- Stakeholder Management
- CSR Programs & Measuring Social Value
- Sustainable Supply Chains & Circular Economy
- Sustainability Strategy & Assessment
- Sustainability Reporting
- Communicating Sustainability
- The CSO Role
- Post-course Assignment for ILM Certification
Who should attend
The CSO Professional Training is ideally suited to professionals seeking well rounded, practical knowledge in all key CSR and Sustainability topics. An ideal candidate may play a role in:
- Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- Health and Safety
- Operational Excellence
- Corporate Philanthropy/Foundations
We firmly believe that a friendly, supportive, and engaging learning environment is key to building long-lasting knowledge and maximizing retention. To support this belief, we built this course around a dynamic mixture of lectures, practical exercises, best practice case studies and group discussions. Our method builds not only knowledge, but a confidence in discussing and applying CSR/Sustainability topics and the platform for exchanging ideas and building valuable connections. Each course closes with a post-course assignment to evaluate the level of knowledge gained through this course and upon passing results in the earning of an ILM endorsed certificate.
An understanding of CSR and Sustainability is required
Professional experience is required