“Smart Solutions” are seen as the cornerstone that will allow emerging economies like Malaysia make the leap from emerging economies to developed economies. Malaysia for example looks to attain developed nation status by 2020. In order to achieve this ambitious target there is need to develop solutions, collaborations and investor friendly environment. The Malaysian government is proactive and ready to invest in smart initiatives that will push the region forward. The Asian region has been growing at between 5-6 % since 2010 and to support this annual growth, improvements in communication, energy, health, education, digital media and transport infrastructure are essential at this moment. Climate change, rising energy prices and technology advances are all forces that have been reshaping the collective mindset of consumers, turning many from “passive ratepayers” to highly informed, environmentally conscious customers who want a role in using power. And now, with the emergence of the technologies (smart grids), companies can provide their customers with the information and control they need to actually change their behavior patterns and reduce usage and costs.
KEY FOCUS AREAS
- Regulatory and Policy Framework for Smart Cities
- Smart Energy – Smart Grids, Smart Metering & Energy Efficiency
- Role of ICT in Future Cities Infrastructure- Digital Media & Communications
- Data - Big Data & Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data Protection and Data Privacy
- Sustainability and Green Buildings Framework
- Smart Homes, Smart Villages, Smart Buildings and Infrastructures
- Smart Health Systems & Infrastructure Development
- Wireless Networks and Network Infrastructure
- The Role of Telecommunications in a Smart City
- Smart Mobility and Transportation
- Smart Education
WHY ATTEND ?
This exclusive forum is building a platform , where overseas and local companies converge to explore new business opportunities and derive leads in the smart cities movement. This will enable organizations to develop strategic alliances with key organizations from across the globe. The key result areas of the forum include:
- Interaction with Central and State Government officials and understand various Investment opportunities in Infrastructure and Smart Cities projects
- Understand regulations governing investments and funding in Malaysia.
- Discuss business potential for core sectors, urban planning / construction, transport, water / waste, power / energy, healthcare, information technology and manufacturing.
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.