Rivers are the lifeblood of human settlements providing a myriad of ecosystem services. As the global population passes 7 billion, the sustainable management of our rivers and water resources is crucial.
The 15th International Riversymposium, 8-11 October 2012 in Melbourne, VIC will look at Rivers in a Rapidly Urbanising World and will explore the intricately linked pressures on rivers as our urban population grows and expands.
Program focus areas will include:
- A river runs through it: designing river cities
- River health: healthy rivers, healthy economies, healthy people
- River ecology: beneath the surface
- River knowledge: tools and techniques for action
- River pressures: pathways to sustainability
- River partnerships: integrating people, governance and policy
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.