This course has been designed to make the participants understand the scope and potential of microfinance, study various microfinance models, and then design a microfinance program.
- Identify, explain and discuss the role of micro-finance institutions in economic and social development
- Facilitate the setting up and management of savings and credit in rural areas
- Appreciate the role of micro-finance in poverty alleviation.
- Understand the basic principals on which micro-finance is organised
- Identify micro-finance models