From 1 to 4 July 2012, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies will renew its commitment to optimal performance and sustainability yet again at the 5th Singapore International Water Week. Innovative water treatment solutions will be on display at Booth T20 (Marina Bay Sands Expo and Convention Center, Basement 2), and Veolia representatives from various areas of expertise will share their knowledge at the conference sessions.
Veolia Technologies at SIWW 2012
Amongst the assortment of water treatment technologies on showcase, two new solutions – ANITA™ Mox and Memthane® Anaerobic MBR (AnMBR) – will be presented at the show:
- ANITA™ Mox combines an aerobic and an anoxic process into one Moving Bed Biofilm Reactor (MBBR), using both conventional nitrite-producing bacteria and a specific Anammox biomass. The system requires little aeration and no external carbon source, and is well-suited for all sewage with low carbon-to-nitrogen ratios.
- Memthane® Anaerobic MBR (AnMBR) technology treats high-strength waste streams previously considered economically untreatable through traditional wastewater processes alone. The technology, developed by Veolia subsidiary, Biothane, maximizes COD and TSS removal, which eliminates disposal costs while generating methane-rich biogas for even greater energy savings. All of these are achieved without the drawbacks inherent to energy-intensive aerobic systems.
SIWW visitors will have access to other technologies that create value through product recovery and resource recycling. These are:
- EVALED™ evaporators for industrial wastewater treatment. These evaporators allow high concentration ratios, good separation levels, as well as recycling and a decrease in volumes to be disposed.
- Biothane anaerobic technologies that not only treat wastewater but also reduce pollution and recover energy to achieve minimal environmental impact. The technology uses less energy and chemicals, occupies less space, and incurs lower sludge handing costs, when compared to aerobic alternatives.
- Cella™, which facilitates biopolymer production by selecting the right bacteria to feed off carbon during wastewater purification.
- Exelys™, an energy-efficient technology for thermal biosolid hydrolysis.
At the leading edge of sustainable offerings, Veolia is also committed to deliver environmentally friendly and innovative water solutions. At SIWW, the company will educate visitors about the tools it offers to help customers reduce their environmental impact.
- Carbon Footprint Reduction Program: This corporate-wide initiative drives the innovation, adoption and development of clean technologies for water treatment. The metric demonstrates the value of investing in a best-in-class solution, not just because it reduces operating costs but also because it minimizes the financial impact of direct and indirect carbon contribution.
- Water Impact Index (WIIX): The WIIX expands on existing volume-based water measurement tools by incorporating multiple factors such as volume, resource stress and water quality. It is the first indicator to enable a comprehensive assessment of the impact of human activity on water resources
- Green2Biz: This tool, developed by Veolia in Asia, is a unique business approach that translates social environmental responsibility into sustainable value through the evaluation of water treatment facilities performance, from both water and carbon footprint perspectives.
Water Convention, Industrial Water Solutions Forum & ULTRAPURE WATER Asia Conference
On top of showcasing its technological capabilities and sustainability offering, Veolia will share insights on the following topics as part of the Water Convention:
- Experience from Start Up and Operation of Two ANITA™ Mox Plants (Mr. Matthieu LE NOIR)
- Performance Evaluation of a Pilot Scale Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactor (AnMBR) Treating Ethanol Thin Stillage (Mr. Michel OTTEN)
- Wet Air Oxidation of Wastewater Sludge: Feedback of Four Full-scale Plants after Six Years of Operation (Mr. Julien CHAUZY)
In addition, Veolia will speak at the inaugural Industrial Water Solutions Forum, which focuses on achieving water sustainability in the industrial sector. And as part of the co-located ULTRAPURE WATER Asia Conference, Veolia will share its knowledge on ultrapure water, trends and opportunities in the microelectronics, power and pharmaceutical industries.
Jean-Philippe FILHOL, CEO, Asia Industrial, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, said: “We are excited to be here at SIWW 2012 because it gives us an excellent opportunity to share our expertise and latest innovations with industries and municipalities from all over the world. We look forward to showcasing our capabilities and enjoying several knowledge-exchange sessions over these three days.”
To learn more about Veolia’s leading edge technologies and sustainability initiatives, visit Booth T20 at the Sands Expo and Convention Center from today till Wednesday (4 July 2012).
About Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies
Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies, subsidiary of Veolia Water, is a leading design & build company and a specialized provider of technological solutions in water treatment. With 10,767 employees, Veolia Water Solutions & Technologies recorded revenue of €2.315 billion in 2011. www.veoliawaterst.com
Veolia Water, the water division of Veolia Environnement, is the world leader in water and wastewater services. Specialized in outsourcing services for municipal authorities, as well as industrial and service companies, it is also one of the world’s major designers of technological solutions and constructor of facilities needed in water and wastewater services. With 96,651 employees in 69 countries, Veolia Water provides water service to 103 million people and wastewater service to 73 million. Its 2011 revenue amounted to €12.617 billion. www.veoliawater.com
Marketing & Communications Manager (Asia Industrial)
+65 9789 8403
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.