Gathering over 350 senior-level decision makers from UN agencies, development banks, NGOs, Red Cross organisations, donor agencies, military, research institutes and solution providers, the AIDF Global Disaster Relief Summit returns to Washington D.C. on 7-8 September 2016 with an aim to influence global debate on improving disaster relief and recovery.
This strategic conference will be held at the Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center, home to the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Over the last few weeks we received a number of confirmations from leading experts that will gather to discuss best practice and innovations for effective disaster relief at the upcoming AIDFGlobal Disaster Relief Summit, including:
- Hani Shannak, Chief, Operations & Services, Division of IT Solutions and Services, UNICEF
- Carlos Carrazana, EVP & Chief Operating Officer, Save the Children USA
- Mark Smith, Senior Director for Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs, World Vision US
- Dominic Grace, Director, Sourcing & Operations, UN Development Programme
- Nathalie Rothschild, Associate Director, Logistics, Action Against Hunger
- Dr Douglas Jackson, CEO, Project C.U.R.E.
- David Jones, Chief Executive, Rescue Global
- Janet Meyers, Deputy Director Health Policy and Practice, International Medical Corps
- Richard Parker, VP, Marketing & Communications, Project Concern International
- Kathy Fulton, Executive Director, American Logistics Aid Network
- David Hartshorn, Secretary General, Global VSAT Forum
- Emily Troutman, Editor, Aid.Works
They will discuss current challenges and new opportunities in disaster management, emergency logistics and procurement, partnerships and financing models for disaster relief, big data challenges and latest technological solutions as well as health and livelihoods of refugees and aid workers.
Global Disaster Relief Summit 2016 is designed to facilitate exchange of knowledge by providing an effective platform to discover innovative solutions as well as share your expertise and lessons learned amongst your peers and potential partners. In only two days, you will hear the latest trends in disaster relief and crisis management, discover new business opportunities and participate in thought-provoking discussions and benefit from unparalleled networking opportunities.
Register here to join over 350 senior-level decision makers working at the forefront of the humanitarian aid and disaster relief operations across the USA and worldwide.
For more information, or to request participation, visit disaster-relief.aidforum.org