Singapore, 29 November 2019 – The first who’s who list of influential sustainability executives in Asia Pacific was unveiled today at a special evening event that recognised outstanding individuals driving impact in their respective industries in the region.
Nine business leaders make up the first cohort of the Eco-Business A-List, selected from a regional pool of contenders following a month-long call for nominations and rigorously assessed by the team of journalists and advisory board members from Eco-Business, the region’s leading media organisation on sustainable development. They were chosen for advancing the sustainability of their companies and industries over the past year.
The A-Listers are: (Please see Appendix for detailed citations)
- Esther An, Chief Sustainability Officer, City Developments Limited
- Simon Bennett, General Manager, Sustainable Development, The China Navigation Company & Swire Pacific Offshore Operations
- Jeannie Kwok, Director of Corporate Responsibility, Hilton
- Janice Lao, Director, Group Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels
- Dr Lee Hui Mien, Team Lead, Vice President, Sustainable Solutions, Mandai Park Development
- Dr Simon Lord, Chief Sustainability Officer, Sime Darby Plantation
- Pamela Mar, Executive Vice President, Supply Chain Futures, Fung Academy, Fung Group
- Maria Victoria Tan, Head of Group Risk Management and Sustainability Unit, Ayala Corporation
- Ellie Tang, Head of Sustainability, New World Group
Eco-Business Deputy Editor Robin Hicks, who spearheaded the A-List initiative, commented: “We’re thrilled to be the first in Asia Pacific to recognise the skills, effort and tenacity of people driving sustainability within corporations here and, more importantly, the impact they have created. All nine have demonstrated a unique ability to cut through the noise of greenwash in corporate circles and make real change happen.”
The occasion also marks the 10th anniversary of Eco-Business’ founding. Since 2009, the social enterprise has been reporting on sustainable development and responsible business issues from around the Asia Pacific region.
Eco-Business’s efforts in delivering unique and original digital content was recognised earlier in October, when it won the bronze award for Best News Website or Mobile Service at the Asian Digital Media Awards 2019 held in Hong Kong by the World Association of Newspapers and News Publishers (WAN-IFRA).
It hosts a series of flagship events including Unlocking Capital for Sustainability, an annual forum on sustainable finance, and The Liveability Challenge, a global innovation competition held in partnership with Temasek Foundation that seeks solutions for sustainability issues plaguing cities in the world’s tropical belt. Headquartered in Singapore, Eco-Business has a presence in Manila, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Hong Kong, Beijing and Zurich.
“As Eco-Business enters the next decade of growth, we will continue to deliver impact through our investigative journalism and thought leadership events. The urgency of tackling the global climate crisis is finally being felt across societies, and Eco-Business will remain at the forefront of accelerating this change and bring about a future aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals,” said Jessica Cheam, Managing Editor and Founder, Eco-Business.
“The Eco-Business A-List is part of that drive to recognise the people who work daily to advance positive social and environment impact for the communities around them. We have a huge amount of respect for their work, and we congratulate these nine pioneering Eco-Business A-Listers,” she added.
For interviews and media queries, please contact:
Neo Chai Chin