Sarawak, Malaysia—The Global CSR Summit & Awards™ returns for the 11th year after a memorable celebration at Lombok in 2018. The 11th Global CSR Summit & Awards with The Global Good Governance Awards™ has chosen Sarawak, Malaysia as the 2019 event destination.
Also known as the Land of the Hornbills, Sarawak is renowned for its beautiful scenery and rich eco-system. The Sarawak Convention Bureau has endorsed the event and is lending full support to make this a memorable event for all delegates.
The events of the past year have undoubtedly tested companies in a number of ways and changed mainstream discourse about the role corporations should play in advancing and addressing social and global challenges. In some instances, certain corporate executives have stepped up and taken a larger role in influencing positive change in society and using corporate resources as a force for good.
In fact, CSR has taken a dominant role in Boardroom strategy, energising and enhancing the Company’s brand equity as a result. It is therefore, opportune that the theme for the 2019 event be: “A New Era of Corporate Responsibility & Activism”.
Over 200 delegates consisting of local and overseas guests are expected to attend this event. 25 speakers, mostly thought leaders of our time from various industries will share some of the most innovative ideas on environmental protection and resilience, community empowerment, gender equality and workplace diversity, supply chain transparency, corporate transparency, brand activism and consumer data protection.
Besides the main conference, the event consists of executive workshops on integrated reporting and sustainability reporting which is almost fully subscribed. On the final day of the event, delegates will be treated to an eco tour to the legendary Sarawak Cultural Village—an award-winning live museum.
The awards component—The Global CSR Awards™ and The Good Governance Awards™ continuously attract a strong following of over 400 global and regional companies year after year, in submitting their nominations for the coveted award.
Only about 100 companies will be shortlisted and a selected few will win the coveted award that spans across 8 categories. Audrey Van Houten, Global Events Director of The Global CSR Summit & Awards commented: “The Global CSR Summit & Awards has withstood the test of time and it has emerged as the de-facto event for the CSR & Corporate Governance Community. No one event has been so widely supported by so many respected companies from around the world including some of the Fortune 500 companies. We look forward to a new experience with our delegates at Sarawak.”
YB Dato Sri Hajjah Fatimah Abdullah, Minister For Welfare, Community Well Being, Women, Family And Childhood Development will be gracing the event as the guest of honour.
The confirmed speakers are:
- Datu Sharbini Suhaili, Group CEO of Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Puan Aisah Eden, Executive Vice President for Corporate Services, Sarawak Energy Berhad
- Dr Steve Newman, Banyan Tree’s Group Sustainability Director and Coordinating Director of Banyan Tree Global Foundation
- Dr Martin Blake, Director Speaker And Mentor With Specialist Expertise In Board Direction, Governance And Futuring, Blake Advisory Pte Ltd
- David Way, General Manager of OceanaGold, Didipio
- Beny Priyatna Kusumah, Department Head of Group Support in the Environment & Social Responsibility Division of PT. Astra International, Tbk.
- Paul Choo, Vice President of Human Resources and CSR, Bridgestone Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd.
- Rishi Pathania, Head - Corporate Social Responsibility, UPL Limited
- Jiwari Abdullah, General Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability, Sarawak Energy Berhad Prof.
- Dr Geoffrey Williams, Founder and Director of Williams Business Consultancy Sdn Bhd
- Poonsit Wongthawatchai, Executive Vice President, Environmental, Social and Governance Division, Bank of Ayudhya Public Company Limited
- Stefan Phang, Director, Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility, Diversey, Inc
- Teckla Rodrigo, Embhodi Founder and national director, Sri Lanka
- Shveta Pandey, National Director, Embodhi India
- Swati Mandloi, Sustainability Business Analyst, Blue Planet Environmental Solutions
- Ashish Sachdeva, Thought Leader at Blue Planet Environmental Solutions & Founder, Green Dream Foundation
- Rizal Algamar, Country Director, Indonesia Program, TNC
- Binaisha Kotwal, Head Corporate Social Responsibility - Australia and New Zealand, Tata Consultancy Services
- Ghufron Sholihin, CSR Program Manager, PT Adaro Indonesia
The award categories in The Global CSR Awards™ and The Global Good Governance Awards™ 2019 are:
The Global CSR Awards 2019
A) Global Category
- Best Environmental Excellence Award
- Best Community Programme Award
- Excellence In Provision Of Literacy & Education Award
- Empowerment of Women Award
- Best Workplace Practices
- CSR Leadership Award
- Product Excellence Award
B) Country Awards Category
Best Country Award for Overall CSR Excellence
- Middle East
Global Good Governance Awards
- The Best Chief Executive Officer Award
- The Best Corporate Communications & Investor Relations Award
- The Best Governed and Transparent Company Award
For media partnerships and media passes please contact:
Tel: +65 6444 1644 / +65 6444 6549