World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 Hong Kong
Co-organised by the Construction Industry Council (CIC) and the Hong Kong Green Building Council (HKGBC), the World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 Hong Kong (WSBE17 Hong Kong) will be held on 5-7 June 2017 at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
About WSBE17 Hong Kong
WSBE17 Hong Kong is the first-ever world conference of SBE Series held in Hong Kong. It is the world conference of the 2015-2017 cycle of the renowned SBE Conference Series, which is now considered to be the most influential of its kind globally. Following Hong Kong’s selection as the host city, WSBE17 Hong Kong will conclude the cycle by embracing all of the findings from the 20 regional conferences held in different parts of the world in 2016.
With the theme “Transforming Our Built Environment through Innovation and Integration: Putting Ideas into Action”, WSBE17 Hong Kong converges top findings from 20 Regional SBE Conferences, connecting business professionals and academia to present their cutting-edge findings from around 50 countries, and involving the leading international organisations to drive vibrant discussions on climate change and sustainable development.
WSBE17 Hong Kong will focus on innovative and integrative whole-system thinking and practices in sustainable built environment. The event comprises four major discussion areas: Sustainable Neighbourhood, Deep Building Renovation, High-performance Building, Community Empowerment. Besides, the conference will also examine how innovation and integration are able to synergise and interconnect in various domains of Policy & Standard, Practice & Business, Science & Technology, People & Community.
WSBE17 Hong Kong is expected to bring together 1,800 top-notch industry experts, academia and government leaders around the world to discuss and be inspired to transform the built environment.
- Plenary Sessions
oDistinctive Speakers for Keynotes and Roundtables
oDedicated Session on Climate Change and Sustainable Development led by United Nation Environmental Programme (UNEP)
- 100 Parallel Sessions and Regional Forums by over 400 Speakers
- Regional Sessions, Paper Sessions and Special Sessions to cover regional development, academic researches, best practices and hot issues
- A concurrent exhibition to showcase the cutting-edge products and solutions for tomorrow’s challenge
- International Youth Competition
- A shining opportunity for youths to showcase innovative ideas and practical solutions for a greener future
- Green Building & Eco-Tours (8 & 9 June 2017)
- Visit award-winning green buildings in Hong Kong & Shenzhen and experience the oasis of Hong Kong out of the city jungle
- Extensive Networking Opportunities
- Meet and exchange ideas with industry experts at our Networking Luncheon, Welcome Cocktail, Gala Dinner and Business Matching
Register now and be part of this pre-eminent global conference in the building and construction industry! For more information, please visit www.wsbe17hongkong.hk.