The Department for International Trade (DIT) is organising a webinar that will spotlight some of the UK’s innovations in plastics such as emerging technologies for biodegradable plastics and offer a glimpse on the role of standards as a viable policy lever national governments can use to achieve ESG and sustainability targets.
JOIN THIS FREE WEBINAR to learn about the UK’s innovations in plastics – including the role of national standards and new technologies in achieving ESG targets. Be in the know of the Philippines solid waste management outlook and get a chance to interact with industry leaders and experts across the plastics value chain.
The scourge of plastic pollution remains unabated in the Philippines. According to Government estimates, plastics take up a significant bulk of municipal solid waste (MSW) generated, accounting for 38% of recyclables segment. This figure is set to increase, bolstered by unfettered urbanisation and consumption-based growth. The onset of the global pandemic has also led to a surge in disposable plastics – making plastic management a topical issue. Overall, Metro Manila will contribute to the lion’s share of waste production – an emblematic trait of many mega cities’ rapid ascent.
Therefore, addressing the challenge of plastics will require participation from broad swathes of the economy – including consumers, private companies, and public sector.
Agenda and Speakers
- Welcoming Remarks: Richard Colley - Director of Trade and Investment, UK Department for International Trade, British Embassy Manila
- Keynote Address: Dr. Theresa Mundita Lim - Executive Director, ASEAN Centre for Biodiversity; and COP26 Climate Defender for Nature-based Solutions
- Philippine Solid Waste Management Overview: Benny D. Antiporda - Undersecretary for Solid Waste Management and Local Government Units Concerns, Department Of Environment And Natural Resources Philippine Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR)
- The Role of Standards in Addressing Plastic Pollution: David Fatscher - Head of Sector (Environmental, Social and Governance), British Standard Institution
- Technology Showcase - Polymateria: Niall Dunne - CEO, Polymateria
- Industry Outlook - Plastics Value Chain: Danny Ngo - President, Philippine Plastics Industry Association
- Q&A - Reactor: Dr. Rodel Lasco - Executive Director, Oscar M. Lopez Center for Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Management Foundation, Inc.; and COP26 Climate Defender for Adaptation & Resilience
UK Department for International Trade - Manila
Publish your content with EB Premium
It's not about how many you reach. It's about who. Get your news, events, jobs and thought leadership seen by those who matter to you.